Advanced search

Is there such a thing as a grant for adult learners who want to take GCSEs?

(5 Posts)
peggotty Mon 22-Aug-11 20:57:04

I want to take Maths GCSE as I failed it at school and I need it to apply for a university course? My sister who is in Scotland has been awarded some kind of grant that pays for her to do GSCE Maths. I'm in England so pretty sure it won't apply here .....

TwinkleTops Tue 23-Aug-11 16:44:06

Contact your nearest FE college.

or start here

Tortoise1000 Tue 23-Aug-11 16:47:07

Check with the university whether they will accept the Level 2 Certificate in Adult Numeracy instead. You can do that free in a college or adult ed centre, and the courses may be more flexible.

Mabelface Tue 23-Aug-11 16:48:02

I've done maths and english at GCSE for free at my local adult education centre. Best thing I've ever done. Get my English results on Thursday.

peggotty Tue 23-Aug-11 17:12:40

Thanks smile. Will look into those options.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: