Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else starting an Access course in September?

(3 Posts)
katedan Wed 17-Aug-11 16:49:38

Would really like to chat to anyone else who is starting an access course this September. I am doing a social work access course in the daytime for a year. I have heard there is ALOT of work to complete outside of the course so quite worried about juggling that with 3 primary age children. I can't even think about the end and whether I will get a uni place to continue as I know places are thin on the ground and I can't apply outside of my home area.

Anyone else?

MuckyBogStain Thu 25-Aug-11 13:45:32

I've just finished one. It is HARD work - constant assignments and whatever you do, don't allow yourself to get behind because it's extremely difficult to catch up again.

That said, the access course was one of the best things I ever did and I have learnt so much in one year than I ever thought possible. It made me believe in my own academic ability and I start Uni in september.

Go for it! (just remember, you don't have a social life until it's over).

katedan Mon 05-Sep-11 22:08:51

Thanks Mucky, it was first day today and it all seems very overwelming! thanks for the advice and well done on getting through it and getting to Uni.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now