Talk

Advanced search

anyone just starting the ALE for DD303?

(12 Posts)
juicychops Sat 06-Aug-11 21:14:50

just thought it was worth a try seeing if there is anyone here!

minipen Mon 08-Aug-11 18:59:05

I am! Which choice are you doing? I am A2

worzelswife Sat 20-Aug-11 22:35:54

ME! So glad it's almost over. I can't wait for the course to finish - it's my last.

juicychops Sun 28-Aug-11 14:37:11

so ALE is now over - just the write up to go.
i thought the whole thing was a horrific experience!!

i did M2

what did you guys choose? how did you find it?

minipen Mon 29-Aug-11 16:42:27

I didn't find it too bad I knows some did, was it down to tutors help? I need to finish discussionand abstract, we are nearly at the end!

juicychops Mon 29-Aug-11 18:48:45

my tutor was ok, although a lot of the time when i was stuck on things she took ages to get back to me with answers. also the data collection was an absolute nightmare and i got really very behind on the analysis. Ive not even started my write up yet as i just wanted a long weekend to recover from the ALE but will start tomorrow. shouldn't be too difficult as i have my lit review as a guide for my introduction, and my presentation for a rough layout for my method, results and discussion. Hopefully wont take me too long! good luck with completing your write-up grin

worzelswife Wed 31-Aug-11 11:38:17

Just thought I'd come back and say hello. I'm doing my write up today.
Juicy I also thought it was horrific. I was worried all year about it and then convinced myself I'd be fine but found the stats part just awful. To have coped, I needed to have a tutor physically in the room with me giving me help. I have been completely put off doing anything else with stats in, ever.
My tutor took a long time to reply to us as well.

Fingers crossed all the write ups will go well. 7 weeks today till our exam.

minipen Wed 31-Aug-11 18:33:09

7 weeks! Argghhh!

I still haven't done any more of my write up, just trying to start TMA06, it's not happening though hours later I have 63 words but have read a ot on here

juicychops Wed 31-Aug-11 21:34:28

ive not started my write up for TMA05 yet either! was meant to do it last night but put it off til tonight. and now again i haven't done it tonight and have put it off til tomorrow!!
my exam is on 15th october i think and i am dreading it as i haven't even read most of the text book yet.

im going to look into how it works when you substitute a TMA as considering substituting TMA06 to give me a bit extra time to revise as i really need it!

worzelswife Mon 05-Sep-11 20:52:36

How are you all doing? I'm just editing my write up as we speak and want to send it off tonight. My god but the last month has been horrendous! Surprised I've not been carted off to the loony bin.

They really don't give you enough time to do tma6 and revise do they? Nightmare.

Juicy isn't everyone's exam on the 19th? Confused.

minipen Mon 05-Sep-11 21:48:33

My exam is on the 19th too, just had to check I thought it was the 20th, maybe that's the day I am focussing on.

Good luck with the write ups

worzelswife Sun 18-Sep-11 18:21:17

How is everyone doing with their revision? There is lots to revise isn't there?

I got my mark for tma 5 really quickly and am so pleased with my results. I could have done better but I was so ill during the ALE so am very very relieved. I was expected 50%. Hope you all got/get what you wanted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now