Talk

Advanced search

Bum! TMA late again

(4 Posts)
tartanbuggy Thu 04-Aug-11 01:12:42

... by 37 minutes. Thought I was actually going to get it in on time and was ready to hit submit at 5 to midnight when I discovered I'd left two items off the bibliography. Then spent the next half an hour searching through piles of papers and files looking for the damn things to get the details. And, of course, one was an online jobby and I hadn't saved it anywhere, so had to google all over the place to find it. What a twit!

Now slumped in the dining room; too tired to go to bed; depressed at how crappy my TMA is; surrounded by wild piles of paper and upended files and the dog has farted under the table.

Gone right off studying. Just thought I'd say.

MrsShrekTheThird Thu 04-Aug-11 01:14:29

get wine or brew and it will all look better in the morning (well the heap of paper won't, but your TMA might) How many more are there to do - dare I ask?

letsgetloud Thu 04-Aug-11 14:04:33

Brilliant!!

You have brought a smile to my face (and takes alot to do that).

Hope you got a wee lie in this morning.

tartanbuggy Thu 04-Aug-11 19:32:03

Haha. Equilibrium is now almost restored. I've decided not to fret about the TMA until I get the marks back; closed the dining room door so I don't have to look at the mess; chucked the dog in the garden; chucked the kids out after him; slurped MrsShrek's wine - cheers - and will do sod all until the weekend. Oh, glad I made you smile letsgetloud, had a bit of a lie in until I remembered it was bin day and I hadn't put the bins out!

It was TMA No 6. Just got one more to do in September and then an exam. Think I'm beginning to run out of steam a bit and it doesn't help that my study technique is a constant procrastinate-panic loop. I'd tried so hard to be organised at the beginning of the block and even had a little colour-coded timetable typed up (did it when I was trying to submit TMA No. 5) which I did stick to for a while. Then school holidays and DH at home and it all went by the board. There's no hope for me grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now