Talk

Advanced search

Interview for university advice needed!

(4 Posts)
mumfordandsons Mon 01-Aug-11 11:02:39

Thanks all for reading, after having a mini midlife I decided to apply for university and much to my surprise they have offered me an interview a week today.

So I need some advice of the following things, sorry to ask you all however with it being a while since I was into the education circle I turn to my social networking for advice.

1) With many a moves over the years I have misplaced my quals which they are saying they need photocopies of for next week, however in looking it up on the exam boards I won't have them back in time, I have contacted my old college whom have said they will do me a letterhead, but will this be enough?

2) What is it that they ask in interview, I will of course research the following the course, the subject matter(Education and Childcare) and the University, however what else will they ask me?

3) How much do they take work/life experience into account? I have been a self employed childminder for 20months! As well as being a mother to 2 boys!

4) Should I take a copy of my Ofsted report as a reference as sorts? It proves me creditably with a Government organisation and I did get a 'Good' rating!

Thanks in advance

PenelopePitstops Mon 01-Aug-11 11:30:12

1) A college letter will be good enough for now, people on my course got the exam board replicas later in the year to show to the university.

2) They will ask about the subject, why you are interested, what experience you have, etc. They may question your late application (they did for me!) They will probably ask about previous jobs. I had a teacher training interview and was asked how I would react to different situations. I was also asked a subject matter question eg how would you show a child 2+2=4

3) Sounds like the course you are applying for you have direct experience so talk about the experience you have. Focus on the positive that childminding and looking after your boys will bring to the course and your own knowledge.

4) I wouldn't take it with me, not sure when they would read it tbh.

PenelopePitstops Mon 01-Aug-11 11:30:26

also good luck!

mumfordandsons Mon 01-Aug-11 12:37:00

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now