Talk

Advanced search

Ups and Downs

(3 Posts)
shelley672 Sat 16-Jul-11 10:54:45

Hi,
I am a student and mum studying a design course with the Open University (which I highly recommend for any mums who can find a small amount of spare time). I am currently developing a board game about being a mum, for my course and I would be really grateful for your thoughts. I need to create a list of good and bad things that happen to mums. These will then be used to create bonus and penalty cards for my game. As a mum to two girls aged three and four I have been able to list quite a few things but would be interested to hear from other mums what their experiences are. What are the things that make you happy in a day? What makes you pull you hair out?! It would be useful for me to know the ages of your children too.
Many thanks in advance for any feedback you can give me.
Shelley

slowburner Sat 16-Jul-11 11:58:39

My daughter is almost one, crawling and climbing but not yet walking or talking.

I love watching her play with her toys, and cuddle her doll, I love my cuddles and feeding her (BF) and i love her smiles and picking her up from nursery. I also (selfishly) adore my workday latte, £1.70 of pure unadulterated bliss.

I don't like feeling stressed at everything I have to do, even if my DH does stuff I still have to think of it to be done and ask him, I hate not fitting into clothes, and constantly washing clothes after LO dribbles and wipes her everlasting snotty nose on me. I also struggle with balancing baby and DH with house and work.

lollipoppet Thu 04-Aug-11 21:45:32

my daughter is also nearly one and crawling and climbing but no walking or talking (except the word "hiya" constantly!)

good things:
cuddles
kisses
funny things- holding the phone saying hiya; getting into the paddling pool fully clothed
baby's laugh
splashing in the bath
soft soft softest skin
gummy smiles, then toothy smiles!

bad things:
babysitter cancels, can't go out
wiping thrown food off the floor
having tv channel changed while trying to watch something
bumped heads and tears sad
cup of tea going cold, undrunk
constant juggling trying to fit things in
constant worry/guilt over whether you're doing things right

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now