Talk

Advanced search

Passed my PhD viva!!!

(11 Posts)
2plus1 Mon 11-Jul-11 16:57:55

After 6 long years of studying part-time, getting married, having my daughter followed by twins 13 months later and moving house 3 times, I have passed my doctorate!!!

I was really dreading the viva as it felt like a make or break situation for such a long and rollercoaster ride of studying (it has been an ambition for so long now). It was two hours of grilling followed by a pass with minor corrections grin. This was followed by several hours drive home to be greated by my 2 1/2 year old and 18 month old twins happy faces (priceless). Sadly, no major celebrations as it is straight back to reality of staying at home with bambinos...........maybe a planned celebration at graduation. wine

Kveta Mon 11-Jul-11 17:02:37

congratulations Dr! it's a wonderful feeling, isn't it? hope you sleep tonight - I was so wired after mine I had 2 nights I couldn't sleep, as if I'd been popping caffeine pills!!

enjoy changing your title to Dr everywhere you can too grin

and AMAZING well done for doing all that with children! <takes hat off to you>

bumpybecky Mon 11-Jul-11 17:08:10

wooo hoooo! congrats Dr 2plus smile

Shallishanti Mon 11-Jul-11 17:11:56

well done!
I handed in my Mphil just before dts were born, (never such a hot summer or such a small photocopying room) department decided a viva would not be necessary when I informed them I might have to bf during it!

wearymum200 Tue 12-Jul-11 15:03:39

Congratulations! Awesome achievement to actually finish it. Enjoy wine and "just" being Mum for a bit (as in able to devote all your time and energy to DC and yourslef, not a thesis!)

2plus1 Tue 12-Jul-11 15:11:13

Thank you! I am still feeling wired post viva and am having to re-learn the art of relaxing! I am not sure how to be just a mum as the children were born during the PhD! I really want to be able to just be mummy (with no juggling) for a while before going back to work but it is a new skill I need to aquire wink. Definitely need a stress-free break........

Prolesworth Tue 12-Jul-11 15:12:50

Message withdrawn

sunsplash Tue 12-Jul-11 19:52:42

Dr 2plus1 congrats and thanks for the inspiration!

Grumpla Tue 12-Jul-11 19:55:09

Congratulations Doc! That is a fabulous achievement. Enjoy your graduation!

Squirrel77 Tue 12-Jul-11 20:40:59

That is so inspiring (I'm in the 'second year slump') - congrats! What an amazing achievement, with three kids in tow!

dotty2 Mon 18-Jul-11 11:30:29

Have been away from MN for a while so just wanted to add slightly belated congratulations. Hope you are still enjoying the warm glow of achievement. I'm in an end-of-first-year, post confirmation of status slump and your news has helped inspire me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now