Talk

Advanced search

Possibly going back to uni! Lone parent- financial advice PLEASE!!!

(3 Posts)
sleepymummyzzzzzzzz Fri 24-Jun-11 14:06:31

I am still waiting to hear if i have a place on my desired degree course to start in september. I have been told by student finance that i will get my maintenance loan for the full 3 years, tuition fee loan and special support grant will be available for me for the last 2 years. This is due to previous study. They have said that i will get the parents learning allowance which will help. I have spoken to CTC and HB and i will be eligible for help there too. My only problem is getting the fees sorted for the 1st year. Does anyone know much about hardship funds and the amounts that you can get? Does anyone out there have experience of studying as a lone parent? Wondering if i've missed anything that i should be trying........... I can understand not getting the tuition fee loan but feel disappointed that i cant get the special support grant for the 1st year. I am determined to do this but obviously want to make sure we can eat etc. Any advice/experience will be much appreciated :-)

veritythebrave Fri 24-Jun-11 14:12:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HumptyDumpty1 Fri 01-Jul-11 21:51:12

Access to learning fund, not sure if they have a limit on funds. Got my forms from uni but it comes from the government smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now