Advanced search

Funding/Loans/Childcare - how do you qualify?

(2 Posts)
ASecretLemonadeDrinker Fri 17-Jun-11 10:32:39

I really want to be a social worker, or work in that area abut I only have GCSEs. I started another thread about entry options, and I have seen a local (ish) college has an access course. It is £1400 and they do have a nursery, but it's £58 a day. If you are doing a Diploma (L3) can you get finding/a student loan or anything?

Lorenz Fri 17-Jun-11 11:09:21

If you call the college they should be able to give you advice on funding. My access course was paid for me but I didn't have an income at the time. It depends how much your family earns - my friend and her partner were both working and she got help towards the fees as well as a weekly payment of £20 known as the ALG (adult learning grant). You can also apply for the adult learning allowance if you get in before this years funding runs out.

Not sure about childcare though but I do know some people on my course were getting payments towards their nursery fees. They had to have a sheet filled in each week by the tutors which said how many hours they'd spent in college.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: