Talk

Advanced search

Damn it- I have an exam tomorrow, I know nothing and I'm ill.

(29 Posts)
winnybella Sun 12-Jun-11 21:34:40

I've this cold for two weeks now (courtesy of DD picking every bug going at the nursery) and yesterday it turned to a horrid cough- you know, when you try to cought the stuff out but you can't. Tbh it seems a bit like bronchitis I had few years ago.

Anyway. How the hell can I go into the exam room like this? What are they going to say? It feels selfish to go and disturb everyone else there with coughing attacks every 2 minutes hmm

But I can't not go because of some little chest infection.

Oh, and I'm totally not prepared due to procrastinating over revision.

Shit.

winnybella Sun 12-Jun-11 21:35:09

I have had this cold...

sharbie Sun 12-Jun-11 21:35:40

um don't know winny but good luck

winnybella Sun 12-Jun-11 21:36:22

and picking up every bug...
and cough, not cought

hmm

Malvapoeding Sun 12-Jun-11 21:37:36

I have an exam tomorrow too and feel like crap - DD shared her cold weeks ago and she is fine and I am suffering. Take in strepsils/water/sucky sweets without wrappers and a bottle of tickley cough syrup.

I am also totally unprepared with one module refusing to enter my brain!

winnybella Sun 12-Jun-11 21:38:00

thanks sharbie. I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself, I have to say grin

But seriously, it'll be really shitty of me to go there and cough my way through, won't it?

But no way I want to lose this year, I have to try and pass.

winnybella Sun 12-Jun-11 21:41:48

What are you studying, Malva?

Mine is 19th C lit. All the critics to remember...which would be ok if I had started my revision few weeks ago and not like 2 days ago hmm

sharbie Sun 12-Jun-11 21:42:51

i feel your pain
we've all had it here ds had as level exam last week - we tried to get it rescheduled/tried to find out our options only to ring college and be told there were no teachers to talk to as it was an inset day argh.

winnybella Sun 12-Jun-11 21:44:40

Oh, that sucks, sharbie. Does he think he did ok?

sharbie Sun 12-Jun-11 21:45:18

nope smile

Malvapoeding Sun 12-Jun-11 21:46:45

Winny - Health Science and the neurology section of the pain module is eating my brain! mine is a deferred exam as I gave birth to my daughter at 3am on the day of the exam last year shock in fairness I thought I had 2 weeks to go!

sharbie Sun 12-Jun-11 21:46:54

nevermind resits here we come

winnybella Sun 12-Jun-11 21:52:31

shock Wow, Malva. Neurology...

sharbie- sorry to hear that, but yes, thank God for resits...I'll probably need one as well.

But seriously, everyone else taking the exam will hate me tomorrow. Argh.

winnybella Sun 12-Jun-11 21:53:25

shock being at your DD being born on the day of your exam, btw. Although I'm in no less awe at the neurology bit smile

MatureUniStudent Mon 13-Jun-11 09:44:09

Can you ask for mitigation re chest infection? Get a doctor's note? If not GOOD LUCK today!

lookout Mon 13-Jun-11 12:47:32

winny, I'm doing 19th C lit today too. Good luck! I'm really hoping for a question on women. Hope your cough is ok. All the best!

schroeder Mon 13-Jun-11 13:29:25

I would ring up and see if there's anything that can be done, separate room or something, it's worth a try.

Good luck winny I'm sure you'll be fine smile

Prolesworth Mon 13-Jun-11 13:46:45

Message withdrawn

winnybella Mon 13-Jun-11 19:59:29

Well.

The queations weren't that hard but I messed it up, obv.

Anyway, I'm drinking champagne to celebrate the end of this course. Although I might have to resit hmm

lookout How did you do? I'm really annoyed because I thought that perhaps Kurtz/narrator would have been good for friendship question, but I totally forgot about HoD til I was on a subway back home.

lookout Mon 13-Jun-11 20:44:00

Ooh, that would have been clever, except how much do we really know about their friendship? I stuck to The Awakening and Northanger Abbey for that question, which was possibly the worst essay I've ever written, but then did the class conflict one on Germinal and Dombey and was pretty damn pleased with it! Part 1 I was super prepared for so was fine. What other question did you do?

PS I'm also on the champagne wink It's been a bloody hard course!

Prolesworth Mon 13-Jun-11 21:46:36

Message withdrawn

winnybella Mon 13-Jun-11 22:02:22

I guess you're right re:Kurtz. I wanted to do TA for the friendship question but I used it up in q 1 already (haven't read Mme Bovary blush) so was left with NA and TWIW. Then I did the national identity with POAL and Jane Eyre hmm. And Besant. Tbh I made a mess out of it, but whatever. I really procrastinated struggled this year, hopefully I got more than 15% so can re-sit.

winnybella Mon 13-Jun-11 22:04:37

Oh, and thanks Proles, here's wine to you to- we're dooooooone!!!! (well, me for the next few months).

Tell me, don't you feel a bit sad about not studying for a year? Because I'm really excited about my next course grin Sorry, 2 courses. Jesus.

Prolesworth Mon 13-Jun-11 22:31:10

Message withdrawn

Prolesworth Mon 13-Jun-11 22:31:51

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: