Talk

Advanced search

what will happen with finding at the OU?

(5 Posts)
BreakOutTheKaraoke Sat 11-Jun-11 10:35:53

Just wondered if anyone knows if the funding of the OU will be changing next year, when the government brings in its changes?

I've recently started a degree with them, its fully funded as I'm on a low income. Is it all going to change completely next year? Bugger, I was so excited to do something for me for a change, pretty sure there's no way I'll be able to fund it all myself.

Can someone please come and tell me I'm comletely wrong, and they'll happily pay it? Pretty please?

Prolesworth Sat 11-Jun-11 16:47:52

Message withdrawn

minipen Sat 11-Jun-11 16:51:32

Please don't be too disheartened, they are trying to bring in a system to allow people who have already been studing with OU to carry on, it's not all doom & gloom (yet!) keep going

BreakOutTheKaraoke Sun 12-Jun-11 19:24:06

Just realised I put finding in the title- damn predictive text! Well, fingers crossed they carry on- it would be bloody annoying to have to scale right down to the one module a year I could probably afford. Best fit in as many modules as I can this year! Does the OU year run april- march or september to august?

minipen Wed 15-Jun-11 13:47:05

I have done courses which were feb - Oct or Jan- October, one was Oct-June, depends I guess which ones you are interested in, I had to draw a list with what I wanted to do and when to balance it all out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now