Talk

Advanced search

Question about A levels

(5 Posts)
Oakmaiden Sun 05-Jun-11 23:14:28

I need to do an A-level, and need to take it in the next academic year. However, that will be the final year of my degree, and I am aware that I am likely to have loads of essay deadlines all coming up at the same time as I need to revise for the A-level.

So - my question is - which A-level do you think I could take which would require least revision time. I don't mind doing the work and devoting time to it, but I want to be able to do most of the work early in the year, and less at the last minute. Do you think Maths or English would be better for that?

webwiz Mon 06-Jun-11 09:35:10

Well maths is something that you do as you go along but there are 6 exams so you do need to get stuck in just before exam time (normally January and May/June). English is less exams and normally in the summer only but there is coursework so its swings and roundabouts really.

Oakmaiden Mon 06-Jun-11 11:18:30

Hm. think I will go for English language, as it looks easier (and I have had to do an english language module for my degree, which will hopefully help!). I'd love to do maths, but maybe it is asking a bit much of myself....

theanimalswentintwobytwo Wed 15-Jun-11 20:20:15

Critical thinking, general studies- but lots of uni's dont accept them as A levels

Oakmaiden Wed 15-Jun-11 21:00:14

Thanks animals - it has to be a curriculum subject though, because I need it for my PGCE.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now