(74 Posts)
Prolesworth Tue 31-May-11 11:03:08

Message withdrawn

wildstrawberryplace Tue 31-May-11 11:29:50

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing.

Oh yeah, I'm feeling very positive and motivated, I am hmm

Prolesworth Tue 31-May-11 11:49:57

Message withdrawn

schroeder Tue 31-May-11 14:59:48

Shakespeare wasn't bad was he? He had his moments grin

said Tue 31-May-11 16:50:30

Hello. TMA due tomorrow! Have actually done quite a bit but still got stuff I'm not clear on to do. Loads of domestic stuff getting in the way so don;t actually start any work until 10 at night. Sooo, I'm christening this thread with its first extension. Tutor is great and said yes no problem (but I'm not clear how long she's given me? confused) But it;s non-substitutible and worth 1.5 marks. No pressure then grin

Prolesworth Tue 31-May-11 23:44:49

Message withdrawn

laineylou Wed 01-Jun-11 00:51:23

Hello all - been away camping for the weekend. Took the TMA (over optimistic emoticon) but was too busy drinking to keep out the chill to even consider it. So now it's due on Thursday..(looks at clock) that'll be tomorrow then... eeekkk.

hartey Wed 01-Jun-11 11:58:17

hi all - have been pointed in this direction as I am really struggling to get on with studyng for my ACCA exams in oh nine / ten days!

Despite telling myself it'll be worth it at the end, great personal achievement, and the salary increases that may come aswell there is no fire in my belly

Advice please - I'm 12 weeks pregnant with DC2 but not sure that's got anything to do with anything!

LB29 Wed 01-Jun-11 15:05:28

Hello, haven't posted on here for ages. I have been bad. But I can still do well if I pull my finger out now. Next TMA is due next Thursday but I have tonnes of catching up to do.

I hate my maths ed course. At least it has made me finally face up to the fact that I don't want to teach. I kept thinking about how brilliant it would be to be able to work at home in the holidays. Surely a phd wouldn't be that bad though?

Anyway I am going to complete the stupid, ridiculously expensive course but will make sure it doesn't get in the way of the other two.

Hope everyone else is ok!

laineylou Wed 01-Jun-11 23:29:32

Right - had to ask for an extension. Can't concentrate at night these days and have no hope of getting it done by tomorrow. Bugger.

Ilythia Thu 02-Jun-11 10:32:40

Mornign all!!! Am hystercial thanks to 4 hours sleep and deadline tomorrow but I have managed to get it nearly donw, just tidying it up to do now.
I think my normal procrastination issues haven't arisen this time as it is my last essay of the course and I Cannot Fucking Wait to be done with it.

said Thu 02-Jun-11 10:40:14

Done!. I sent it at 02.00 so only 2 hours "late". I know I'll kick myself later as my tutor is sending me some notes from tutorial I missed on Sat (ill) and I just know I'll read soemthing that should have been included/would have been really useful. But, aaah, just wanted it over so could move on. Now just have to get on with continuing our building work - think I prefer TMAs.

Prolesworth Thu 02-Jun-11 21:53:36

Message withdrawn

said Thu 02-Jun-11 22:07:12

Oh, proles, Friday isn't too long and then it's all over! grin

I know exactly that feeling of thinking you know what you mean and then it seeming flimsy or muddled when written down. So, you start panicking and editing and cutting and pasting and then can't remember what it was you were even trying to say.

Sure enough, my tutor's notes arrived this morning. I glanced at them and then thought, 'No, not now, don't agonise over what you should have included'

Good luck fellow procrastinators.

loflo Sun 05-Jun-11 14:05:15

EMA a week tomorrow - three bloody questions in three hours. Made a start on studying but am slowly losing the will..............

wildstrawberryplace Sun 05-Jun-11 16:49:56

Can I just say that I'm procrastinating like a mofo at the moment, haven't looked at any of the NEW stuff I need to look at for my exam next week, let alone revise...

I have a terrible sore throat which I have had for a week - literally waking up in the night in agony and weeping. Guess what, the doc reckons it is STRESS. Ha!

DH actually said to me yesterday "I am not going to look after DC while you procrastinate - you're ill, but you could read something OU related instead of watching Miss Marple".

I have even take up exercising - anything but work sad

SIGH

If anyone wants to arsekick in my general direction please do.

keynesian Sun 05-Jun-11 17:55:51

I'll kick yours if you kick mine!

I've done nothing study wise since submitting a TMA last Wednesday despite most worthy intent... and the one due this Wednesday has to be posted not sent electronically.

MrsShrekTheThird Sun 05-Jun-11 21:55:20

(bookmarking)
Majorly pissed off today. Tutor rang me to say I have used material and not credited/referenced it. I was shock - thought I'd get complaints for only using the lecture notes from a (diff tutors) tutorial I attended, plus the set books and a bit of commonsense... And obv the content of that tutorial was nicked and I didn't know, the git didn't reference it either. Ahh well. I still passed but got a shit pass instead of (as she told me) a good pass 2.
Will learn. And have dropped the tutorial guy in it as well by the look of. blush

Prolesworth Mon 06-Jun-11 09:29:13

Message withdrawn

laineylou Tue 07-Jun-11 13:29:32

Well got an extension til Thursday - but it's only put it off. I'm struggling to get an 'in' on it. Hate the blank mind - it's a compare and contrast essay..have lots of scribbles all over the poems but can't see how to put it together to some kind of coherent thing.
Proles - hope your mum is OK.
Good vibes all round...

Prolesworth Tue 07-Jun-11 21:23:23

Message withdrawn

Prolesworth Wed 08-Jun-11 13:43:43

Message withdrawn

said Wed 08-Jun-11 15:36:53

Stick with it Proles - only 2 days and it's OVER!

Glad your mum's ok

Prolesworth Wed 08-Jun-11 17:43:39

Message withdrawn

winnybella Wed 08-Jun-11 23:04:06

You'll be fine, Proles, you'll be fine <pats Proles's head> Glad your mum's ok.

I went away for a few days and then got another horrid cold, hence I haven't posted <if anyone wondered hmm)

Handed in last tma- half the word count, typically written in a few hours before deadline, got a pass 3, obv. pathetic, but self-inflicted etc etc

Now I've got exam on Monday and thanks to the cold and to DD's increasingly erratic sleeping patterns I haven't revised. At all. 4 days, at least 6 novels and lots of critics to revise. So what's new, eh hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now