Talk

Advanced search

I have until Friday to do this. And I am goign to get ill. WTF do I do?

(13 Posts)
Ilythia Mon 30-May-11 10:20:59

DD's ahve both been ill for the last week or so, starts with very high temp (both hit 40 at one point or another), that lasted for 2 days and then there is a cough and cold.
I have uni all day tomorrow, off wed and thursday and then a 4000 word essay due in on friday,. which I am 700 words into.
DH is at work today so I can do a bit of work but it isn't easy, they are in nursery for the rest of the week.

I managed nothing over the weekend as DH was away and they were both so clingy and ill.
I KNOW I am going to get this, DD1 had it first and DD2 got it a few days later. I am due to succumb tomorrow. And I am due on on wednesday.

I know no-one can help me, but no-one really gets how stressed I am about this! and It's my LAST essay as well. ugh.

Oh, and because it is the last essay the only extension is until next wednesday, and that's for emergencies only, and I rellay want rid of it.
How can I study with girls about? how can I stop myself getting ill?

AAAAAGH

KatyMac Mon 30-May-11 10:28:02

Have lots of honey & lemon as a pre-emptive strike - isn't there a special expensive honey that is supposed to be very good at warding off colds

& Ecinaecha (which isn't spelt like that)
& Garlic

& can anyone have the children for you this afternoon?

& think positive

Ilythia Mon 30-May-11 11:19:39

DH is home at 3ish so that's one thing.
Honey and lemon, is it acacia honey? I think I have some. Garlic? really?
Am slow cooking chicken so I don't have to think about food later either.

positive, okay. I just need this fecking printer to PRINT and not play silly buggers with me as well <<glares>>

thanks km

KatyMac Mon 30-May-11 13:25:58

Naughty printer
Good luck

Ilythia Mon 30-May-11 16:21:27

well have given up on the lit review part as I just dont have the references to do it properly, never mind, I have 2 other sections I can complete.
And the results of my investigation to plot onto excel and analyse <sigh>

KatyMac Tue 31-May-11 21:46:55

How are you?

Well or ill?

How is the essay?

Ilythia Wed 01-Jun-11 16:45:34

I am ok. Had temp of 39.5 yesterday but made it through lectures and last essay brief.
After all day in the library, essay is now at 3300 words, for a 3500-4000 word essay! Just needs a few more bits and tidying. And all the references need dates and IOm done!

Ilythia Wed 01-Jun-11 16:46:00

thanks for asking! hows your studying going?

KatyMac Wed 01-Jun-11 18:23:15

Great - I'm pleased for you

Mine isn't due until Mid June - so I'm starting tomorrow

Ilythia Thu 02-Jun-11 10:30:47

three thousand nine hundred and six words. Just need to finish conclusion and I am done! and it isn't even due until tomorrow!

Last Essay!!! woooo!!!

It helps a bit that DD2 woke at 4 and screamed for 2 hours next to me until I gave up and got up. Poor nursery. I am 99% sure she is constipated after a fever last week so have sent her in all tired and weepy, they are such stars.
I am so tired and hyper thanks to much coffee that I am typing like a demon. Have got access to our subjects room so I can use the com[puters in her instead of the library ones, which means silence, room to spread all my stuff out on a desk and leave it there while going back and forth to computer and no other distractions. This is my first break since half 8 when I got here.

Ilythia Thu 02-Jun-11 10:31:10

Thats very organised for another few weeks to go. What is it about?

TrinityIsAShreddingFatRhino Thu 02-Jun-11 10:33:09

<passes bulbs of garlic and lots and lots of juice>

good luck
you can do it

just remember, last essay, last essay smile
<hugs>

KatyMac Thu 02-Jun-11 16:29:02

Umm Systems......& I didn't get anything done as someone phoned in sick & I had to work

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now