Talk

Advanced search

Anyone at these unis with DC's??

(6 Posts)
theanimalswentintwobytwo Sun 29-May-11 20:32:16

Hi, I'm looking at studying Audiology BSc starting in Sept 2012. Has anyone had experience with being at any of these universities with a young child? or done Audiology course with a small child?

Univeristies i'm looking at:
Aston
Bristol
Queen Margaret
Swansea
UCL
Southampton
Manchester
Leeds
De Montfort

Thanks

Ilythia Mon 30-May-11 10:25:47

I know swansea has a nursery onsite (opposite the hospital) which can be used by students and staff. I know a few people with children there and they rate it.
I am at swansea met uni and that is veyr childfriendly, have taken children into uni when they are ill etc but then it all depends on the course and your tutors really.

MatureUniStudent Mon 30-May-11 17:45:35

I was at UCL a few weeks ago - it is mindblowingly beautiful but most people there looked incredibly young - however it has links with the hospital across the road so I would assume that there would be some nursery close by for all the NHS workers. Good luck!

theanimalswentintwobytwo Mon 30-May-11 18:58:18

Well, De montfort, Aston, Bristol and St Margaret now wont be running the course after 2011. And manchester dont know yet...Arse...

At least the number of choices is getting smaller, so should make it easier

iskra Tue 31-May-11 14:31:15

UCL have a nursery for staff & students.

You can never tell how many student parents there are... I did my MA at SOAS - everyone looked like some young hippy political (I was 23-27 myself) but when I set up a student parent group, 600 people came out of the woodwork. Don't know if UCL has anything similar.

theanimalswentintwobytwo Tue 31-May-11 23:02:00

How annoying...the most promising is now not running the course sad

Bye bye dream of UCL; was nice while the idea lasted.

Need wine to compensate

ARGH!! angry

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: