Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

<sobs noisily into a cushion>

(11 Posts)
Oakmaiden Sun 29-May-11 19:37:24

My head is about it explode!!! Why do I always leave essays til the last minute?

And this essay is so boring it is driving me nuts....

I have 3 essays to hand in on Tuesday. Now I have finished one of them (well, need to edit out about 35 words, but pretty much finished. The second one has been started - it is only 1000 words, and I have done 300, the rest is talking about a lesson plan and how it inspires creative engagement. I am leaving that til last cos it should (I hope) be easy - and not need loads of referencing.

And then there is my science essay. 4000 words of complete and utter rubbish. I have written about 2500 of them so far, and my brain is beginning to melt.

And I have to finish tonight, because we are going on holiday tomorrow morning!!!

So - 2200 words, split over 2 essays, needed before I go to bed - so about 5 hours. Is it doable?

Guess I am going to have to find out. Once I have tucked the children into bed. Please send essay writing vibes my way....

Prolesworth Sun 29-May-11 23:35:36

Message withdrawn

Oakmaiden Sun 29-May-11 23:48:05

I've managed to finish the Science essay, so that is a positive. I haven't finished the IT one - although I only have around 700 to do, but also need to plan what I am going to say. SO I will be taking my essay on holiday with me (I am going to have to drive back anyway to hand them in - bad planning there, but at least we are only going about 1 1/2 hours drive away!)

Prolesworth Sun 29-May-11 23:49:46

Message withdrawn

Oakmaiden Mon 30-May-11 00:06:05

I am quite impressed with myself, actually. Although, it is not what I would call a GOOD essay. I usually get A's, or B's for essays, but suspect this may well be a C. I haven't referenced enough, I don't think. Not that I have plagerised, just that I have made assertations without backing them up with solid research. So that will lose me marks.

Plus the fact much of what I wrote was waffle....

MatureUniStudent Mon 30-May-11 07:46:23

Hands Oak new dry cushion. You go girl! (Relaxes on post exam sofa eating chocolate and reading Heat magazine. Yes Heat. No statutes, no Law of Theft, no worthy Dr Ormerod. Bliss)

Oakmaiden Tue 21-Jun-11 15:26:54

Just got my mark back for my science essay - I got an A! NO idea how - I have reread it since getting it back, and it was fairly crap. But hey - I'm not going to complain!

Prolesworth Wed 22-Jun-11 16:36:06

Message withdrawn

Oakmaiden Thu 23-Jun-11 12:33:21

Can I brag a bit more, please?

Apparently I got 80 for my IT essay too (which is an A grade with a commendation, apparently). Slightly stunned....

Prolesworth Thu 23-Jun-11 12:51:04

Message withdrawn

webwiz Thu 23-Jun-11 12:52:53

Well done Oakmaiden!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now