Talk

Advanced search

Just finished OU DSE141 Intro to Psychology

(22 Posts)
carocaro Mon 09-May-11 20:24:47

Just want to say that I am very pleased with myself. Started in September last year and got good marks so far, last TMA just submitted.

So glad my brain does work after children, that I can read, absorb and understand something completely new and write essays, bloody essays! Me!

Really want to do another one, but last one was funded due to me and DH being redundant, so it will be a tough call to get £700 together for the next one.

I think I am going to really miss it. The OU is fantastic.

mustdash Tue 10-May-11 14:19:37

Wow, well done you. I'm starting DSE141 now, and have my first tutorial tonight. I hope I can do as well as you.

Good luck. I hope you can get the money for another course together.

carocaro Wed 18-May-11 14:57:03

Oh good luck, it's fab! You know all the words etc on the front of the course textbook, when I first got it I had no idea what they all meant and now at the end I do.

Tutors are so friendly in person and on email, only went to two meets, one day school and one morning session really good, well worth it so go if you can.

contact me if you need any help!

Marmalades Wed 18-May-11 17:23:49

I'm just starting DSE141, which region are you in mustdash?

It's good to hear such positive feedback from somebody who has already done the course, hope I enjoy it as much. Hope you manage to get the money together for more courses carocaro

mustdash Tue 24-May-11 14:32:52

I'm region 11 Marmalades. The tutorial was a bit weird - only 2 of us turned up. I sort of expected most people to be there for the first one at least. Have you had one yet?

I really think I'm going to enjoy it though.

silverfrog Tue 31-May-11 17:01:21

how do you know what number your region is?

I am doing DSE141 too - am finding it very interesting so far smile

Marmalades Sun 05-Jun-11 10:42:28

Sorry for very late reply! I'm in region 9. The tutorials are held about 70 miles from where I live so not sure how many I'll get to. My first one is next week.

I think your region number should be in the 'profile' bit of your OU online account silverfrog.

I'm enjoying the course so far, it's much better than DD131 which I'm doing alongside DSE141.

silverfrog Sun 05-Jun-11 10:57:29

ah, great thanks - I am region 13, apparently grin

I am doing DD131 too, and agree, DS141 much more interesting....

I've not managed to get to tutorials yet - mixture of no chilcare for evening ones, and family stuff for weekend ones... well, will try to see how that goes.

TMA coming up for DD131....

Marmalades Tue 07-Jun-11 20:43:02

I've been to one for DD131 but missed the second one as no childcare.

At a wedding this weekend so as I have a day off work tomorrow I'm going to attempt writing TMA 1, can't wait grin

Have you started yet?

Madz Wed 08-Jun-11 19:42:07

I've just done DSE141 which i loved and am doing DD131 now which i'm not enjoying as much but finished my first TMA today, going to submit tomorrow once i've done a last check. I'm region 13!

Marmalades Wed 08-Jun-11 20:29:32

Well done Madz! I've written mine today, going to look over it with fresh eyes tomorrow and then submit it too. I'll be glad to have it out of the way!

shreddedandnotatallsmug Mon 26-Sep-11 03:20:26

I know that this is quite an old thread, but I'm about to start DSE141. If any of you are still about I'd welcome any feedback or tips!

I did the Openings Psychology course a couple of years ago and looking forward to getting back to studying again.

gingergran Mon 26-Sep-11 07:50:40

i'm about to start this course too - looking forward to it - but have an exam for another course before then.

mustdash Mon 26-Sep-11 12:33:10

I'm loving DSE141, though we have the iCMA in a couple of weeks, which might change all that! I've had my best marks by far so far on this one, which is reassuring. Still a tiny tutor group though, which is a bit weird. No more than 2 at each one.

The topics are all interesting, and though at a fairly basic level, you can see why you're covering everything. The on line material is brilliant, the the additional reading they give you interesting. I'd just done DD101, where there was loads of reading round the subject necessary, but with this one, it really is all there.

Enjoy!

shreddedandnotatallsmug Tue 27-Sep-11 12:13:26

Thank you mustdash!

What exam are you doing gingergran? I've spent the last four years slogging through an OU MBA, and have a few hundred words of my EMA left to do. I'm hoping the psychology will be a change of direction - I loved the Openings course.

gingergran Wed 28-Sep-11 22:18:05

U212 - childhood - fabulous course (apart from the exam).

shreddedandnotatallsmug Mon 03-Oct-11 23:39:22

gingergran, in case you are interested there's a facebook group for DSE 141

juneybean Mon 03-Oct-11 23:40:37

Not a parent, a nanny, but starting DSE141 in November so will look out for the facebook group!

shreddedandnotatallsmug Tue 04-Oct-11 00:46:34

Hi Juney, it's called DSE141 Discovering Psychology Nov'11 (Putting the Psycho into Psychology)

CrispyHedgehog Tue 04-Oct-11 11:39:21

Just completed my registration for this one grin

Looking forward to studying with you all.

Shredded, I can't find the fb group you mentioned, have found some others tho.

shreddedandnotatallsmug Tue 04-Oct-11 12:43:34

Hi Crispy - so there are a few of us on the course, that's good grin

I found the FB group by searching for DSE 141 November 2011 - there's a group with a few posts, but if you scroll down through the posts (click on Everyone (Top Posts)) there's a link to the DSE 141 Discovering Psychology Nov'11 (Putting the Psycho...) about half way down the wall. You need to ask to be added.

CrispyHedgehog Tue 04-Oct-11 21:33:00

facebook group

I just want to get started now!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now