Talk

Advanced search

OU MSc Maths

(4 Posts)
WhenDoISleep Fri 17-Dec-10 13:28:17

Hi

Is anyone studying (or has completed) an MSc in Maths with the OU? I'm toying with doing this, whilst a SAHM to keep my brain active, but would like to hear some experiences from people who have done it.

One of my big concerns is that it is ten years since I completed my degree. I had a numerate job, and have done some professional study but haven't looked at some of the more esoteric concepts since finishing my degree.

How hard is it really?

I completed one (level one) course in May and found it difficult to be motivated at times, though that maybe more to do with velcro, non-sleeping DS1, wading through PND and trying to move house, as well as slightly uninspiring subject materials.

webwiz Sat 18-Dec-10 15:24:05

I don't know anything about the Maths MSc but I can highly recommend the OU Postgraduate courses - I did my degree is 25 years ago and am on the second course in a Psychological Research Methods Masters. The courses are certainly challenging but not so much that I haven't been able to get good marks when I've covered the course material and put the time into the assessments.

WhenDoISleep Thu 23-Dec-10 15:11:12

Bump

SylvanianFamily Thu 30-Dec-10 17:20:41

No experience of OU, but I have a maths MSc, if that is in any way relevant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now