Talk

Advanced search

OU have changed financial support rules!

(7 Posts)
darleneconnor Tue 30-Nov-10 11:08:23

I am angry and sad.

I've done 3 years of my 4 year OU degree. I have just registered for my last course. As we are on a low income I have always received a financial award for my full fees as we are way below their income limits. In the new financial support application form they have sent me it says that the course I need to do isn't eligible for an award! It is the same type/cost of course as the 3 others. There is no way we can afford it now so that's 3 years of my life down the drain. It also wastes the previous awards they have given me.

How can they do this to current students? I'm outraged. It's one thing changing the rules for new students, but for people who are almost finished, it is totally unfair.

I'm going to complain about it but I dont think I have much chance of getting anywhere.

Prolesworth Tue 30-Nov-10 13:09:02

Message withdrawn

saoirse86 Wed 01-Dec-10 11:53:56

That's really worried me now, I'm going to check mine!

darleneconnor Thu 02-Dec-10 13:17:15

I've just heard thatasI'm an existing student they will assess me under the old rules. Phew smile

Prolesworth Thu 02-Dec-10 13:48:18

Message withdrawn

darleneconnor Thu 02-Dec-10 14:43:25

Just that for some courses you have to be on specified benefits eg HB, DLA, IB/ESA, IS etc.

Prolesworth Fri 03-Dec-10 15:43:12

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now