Talk

Advanced search

The Good Place - farewell 😢

(20 Posts)
doadeer Fri 31-Jan-20 11:43:01

I have loved this series! Last episode today, I'm sad. Is anyone else sad?

SquashedFlyBiscuit Fri 31-Jan-20 13:37:26

Oh didn't realise there was a thread and posted in the other one 🤦‍♀️. Im watching now in tears .

SquashedFlyBiscuit Fri 31-Jan-20 13:39:01

I cant believe how attched I got to them all!

doadeer Fri 31-Jan-20 14:27:16

I wasn't sure if there was a thread! It's been the best series for light easy watching since I had a baby

SquashedFlyBiscuit Fri 31-Jan-20 14:56:08

Absolutely! I used to teach ethics (but dont have the brain of Chidi!) And it was fun recognising various problems.

Actual tears though at the end! Felt less light then...

Doingtheboxerbeat Fri 31-Jan-20 21:52:25

Just posted on the other one how emotional I was sad

Murrfect Fri 31-Jan-20 21:56:10

Oh yes I loved it and am onto the third rewatch

Just getting to know the characters.... Eleanor Janet sad

My 19yo DS even got hooked despite saying that he’d never have watched it voluntarily (he was definitely a Jason)

I’ll miss them all

Lepetitpiggy Fri 31-Jan-20 21:57:45

I'm with you. it was so good..

GiveBetteDavisHerEyesBack Fri 07-Feb-20 15:06:17

I cried so much! Ridiculous but I couldn't help it. I thought the finale was absolutely beautiful.

"I'll say this to you, my friend, with all the love in my heart and all the wisdom of the universe: Take it sleazy."

Doingtheboxerbeat Sat 08-Feb-20 14:34:27

@GiveBetteDavisHerEyesBack, me too. I had to reassure my colleagues they were happy tears. Beautiful is the exact word I would use to describe it.
Tearing up just thinking about it.

edwardcullensotherwoman Sat 08-Feb-20 14:43:49

I'm so glad I've found a thread! Nobody in RL I know has watched it, and I just finished the final season. I haven't cried that much over a tv show for a long time - and I binged 13 seasons of greys anatomy last year! The finale really was beautiful.

ChainsawBear Sat 08-Feb-20 14:45:08

I cried like a tiny baby.

I think Ted Danson did more to reconcile me to my own death than several millennia of organised religion.

FaithInfinity Sat 08-Feb-20 23:56:42

Forking loved it! Totally cried. I love Kristin Bell, I think she’s wonderful (massive girl crush). This show was so much fun. I will miss it!

Namechangeforthis123 Sun 09-Feb-20 16:07:00

I cried like a baby watching it. I'm even tearing up thinking of it. Beautiful. I'll miss them all.

Jayneisagirlsname Sun 09-Feb-20 20:39:22

I've still not watched the last one. Don't want it to be over!

Doingtheboxerbeat Mon 10-Feb-20 00:16:08

This is why I love MN, I knew someone, somewhere would have the same reaction to the end. I have only one person I know irl, a colleague who has watched it to the end and they felt nothing, didn't understand why I was so emotional. She is obviously dead to me now grin.

neddle Thu 13-Feb-20 19:43:49

I watched it last night with Dh and our (male) friend, and they both hated it.

Huntlybyelection Sat 15-Feb-20 02:02:40

I cried a lot of gut wrenching sobs at Chidi leaving. And what he said about the wave? Sobbing.

Who am I kidding? I cried at Jason being the first. And for Janet. And then Chidi. And for Michael. And Eleanor not wanting to be on her own (sob). And Michael again. And then for Eleanor.

It was such a calming and reassuring end of the programme. I genuinely loved it and it has actually helped me feel a bit lighter.

StartupRepair Sat 15-Feb-20 02:09:18

I too loved that last episode and wept. I felt something shift a bit in the way I feel about death.

dimples76 Wed 19-Feb-20 23:06:06

I just watched the last episode and cried throughout. Have given myself a headache. It was a perfect ending

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »