Talk

Advanced search

The Handmaid's Tale, Season 3: speculation, trailers and spoilers...

(86 Posts)
SophieCatScribbles Sat 16-Feb-19 20:53:41

Here we go. Just how wild a ride will Season 3 be compared to Seasons 1 and 2?!
WARNING*: EXPECT SPOILERS.

Here's some info about the new series from Digital Spy...
https://youtu.be/jRiikFi9RNU

And the Season 3 Super Bowl ad...
https://youtu.be/Hu0a77_JydA

And an interview with the gorgeously talented Joseph Fiennes about the new series:
https://youtu.be/npf5vN0FnuQ

Let the speculation and spoilers commence!

tellmewhenthespaceshiplandscoz Sun 10-Mar-19 20:13:00

So so so excited for HM returning. Seeing the shot of the National Mall with the huge white cross at the end in the trailer was very chilling shock

ArabellaDoreenFig Wed 24-Apr-19 18:47:56

Just placemarking.
Under His eye!

Can’t wait for the 3rd series !

SophieCatScribbles Thu 25-Apr-19 23:16:33

Nor me! In the UK here as well, so we have to wait even longer! Noooooooo!

WitchSharkadder Sun 28-Apr-19 11:46:29

@Thisisthelaststraw the original book is available (was released back in 1985) and is brilliant. However, it ends where series 1 ends.

The Testaments, which is the sequel to the book is released in September but has no connection at all to the TV series and will be completely different.

I can’t wait for S3. Since we’re allowed spoilers and wild speculation on this thread, I’ve heard a rumour that Luke gets baby Holly/Nicole but Serena has a change of heart about giving her up so she makes a deal with him to exchange the baby for Hannah. They have a meeting in an airport where the swap takes place.

This came from an extra via Instagram, apparently and has since been deleted.

SophieCatScribbles Sun 28-Apr-19 12:15:44

WitchSharkadder No way!! Oh my word, that would be huge... I hope it's not true. Although I want her to get Hannah back, it would be heartbreaking to have her and Nick give up their baby and the one good thing that's come out of Gilead for them...plus their own daughter would be indoctrinated into the Gilead world and would be at the mercy of the Commander. That would be a horrific thought...
Imagine if they met their daughter years later and she was fully Gilead (like Nick's 'wife', poor girl) - that would be a terrible thing.
I want June and Nick, and Serena and the Martha, to be able to start on the path towards escape and the bringing down of Gilead. They could happily spend the next seven seasons doing that and not spend 6 of them with extended different ways of torturing the women before doing a quick "and they all escaped and Gilead went down, the end" bit at the end of the last season!

WitchSharkadder Sun 28-Apr-19 12:25:14

Have you seen these pics from filming? Luke with a baby suggest Emily definitely does make it to Canada and hands Holly over to Luke.

And the second one is just horrific! sad

YesimstillwatchingNetflix Sun 28-Apr-19 13:36:29

Oh gosh, after seeing that second photo I don't know if I can stomach this show any longer. It's too terrifying.

WitchSharkadder Wed 01-May-19 22:26:01

Have you all seen the trailer released today?

SophieCatScribbles Tue 14-May-19 18:27:47

This is a trailer and a half!

Speculation will be rife...

https://dai.ly/x777mnl

SophieCatScribbles Wed 15-May-19 22:46:05

Not sure if the other trailer link worked. I love the scene at the end with June and Serena sitting on loungers by the pool, smoking together...!

https://youtu.be/s6pnCeFmW8s

WitchSharkadder Thu 16-May-19 19:13:45

Yes, that’s the trailer I was referring to, Sophie. I love that scene too.

I wish C4 would hurry up and give us a UK release date, it’s going to be very hard to not be tempted to google spoilers if we’re really far behind.

SophieCatScribbles Thu 16-May-19 19:24:27

So true, Witch! I managed to watch a lot of last season on one of those streaming services so I saw it at the same time. Don't think I'd have survived otherwise! Before I found that I was living off spoilers 😂

SophieCatScribbles Thu 16-May-19 19:29:12

I read that after Emily's sadly unsuccessful murder attempt on her, Aunt Lydia goes full psycho on the 'girls' (god knows what that'll be like - I thought she was brutal enough already) and that the hideous mouth stapling is part of her new attempts to control them.

I wish this show - and others like it - would stop trying to bring in worse and worse horror and gore. We don't need it to get any worse. Every woman who's watched this is already slightly traumatised by the gruesome stuff the handmaids have gone through 😕. A lot of people switched off the second series because they couldn't handle it...

RubberTreePlant Thu 16-May-19 19:32:03

Checking in.

Threeminis Thu 16-May-19 20:14:50

Such a great series.

tellmewhenthespaceshiplandscoz Fri 17-May-19 11:30:52

Wow that trailer! Almost felt emotional to watch. I agree about the need the writers have to come up with darker and more brutal punishments, it's not necessary.

I've started watching Kims Convenience on Netflix and the actress that plays Rita has popped up in it! Been bugging me where I recognised her from. I think I'll stop watching that for now and keep it so I can watch an episode after THT each week to lift my mood confused

Anyway fellow fans I've only just spotted the fact this thread will include spoilers so I'm bowing out and will jump on a real time thread when it pops up instead but I've enjoyed reading this one especially as no one I know in real life watches the show (I know, WTF?!!!). Enjoy the show everyone, see you at the other side I. Cannot. Wait

Under his eye smile

MooBaaLaLaLa Mon 20-May-19 23:21:16

Cheers for the trailer. I'm really undecided about watching this series.
I loved the first one but didn't like the second, it really dragged in parts and the ending was daft. I'd made up my mind to give up on it but I'm wavering now...

beanaseireann Wed 22-May-19 18:59:15

I'm hoping we in Ireland get it before the UK as happened for the last series.
I found it difficult viewing.
Could The Handmaids Tale be prescient when one thinks of the recent change in abortion law in Alabama ?

DarkDarkNight Thu 23-May-19 21:52:20

Joining. Getting very excited about this now.

I had a lump in my throat when I saw Luke with the baby.

Can’t wait to see what happens next.

SophieCatScribbles Fri 24-May-19 20:24:10

I think the whole series is enormously prescient when you think of the terrible state of the world and it's politics - and of course the falling birth rates in developed countries...

A good reason to watch and stay alert. We mustn't turn a blind eye to it all.

beanaseireann Sat 25-May-19 10:58:58

Any date yet for Channel 4 ?

SophieCatScribbles Sat 25-May-19 14:27:23

This is from the Radio Times here in the UK:

"The Handmaid’s Tale begins on Wednesday 5th June 2019 in the US on Hulu. Channel 4 will broadcast the show at a later date in the UK"

They say later that the previous seasons have started approximately one month later in the US, so we should expect a start date early in July!

7Days Sun 26-May-19 00:55:54

It's being aired on RTE2 on thurs 6th June

WitchSharkadder Wed 29-May-19 13:13:42

https://vimeo.com/338504037

Very spoilery clip for those of you don't mind such things. Don't click if you don't want to know anything!

WitchSharkadder Wed 29-May-19 16:26:25

We have a UK date! Season 3 starts Sunday 9th June at 9pm! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »