Talk

Advanced search

Netflix

(34 Posts)
Graphista Sat 21-Apr-18 23:47:26

Wish it were possible to view full catalogue properly.

I'm struggling to find new tv show to binge, film to watch.

I like

Friends, charmed, suits, white collar, scorpion, person of interest

So interesting but not too heavy stuff, no subtitles please as I like to watch as I fall asleep.

Film wise

80's/90's stuff like breakfast club, ferris bueller, scream, mission impossible, back to the future, MIB

I like action, drama, occasional good romcom, things with a good twist, psychological thrillers

Do NOT like breaking bad, gross out comedy, Achingly slow British dramas where nothing really happens like dr foster.

So...suggestions?

ValleyClouds Mon 23-Apr-18 20:56:58

If you liked Friends I feel sure you'll like Gilmore Girls same sort of era and seven seasons to go on.

I liked Everything Sucks! And End of the Fucking World, short 20 min episodes easy to get through

Also Lovesick, again 20 min eps easy in the background

Graphista Mon 23-Apr-18 23:14:46

I love Gilmore girls already watched several times.

Thanks for replying but the others you recommend aren't to my taste.

Everything sucks - I'm almost 46 teen angst just irritates me

End of the fucking world - even the trailer annoyed me

Lovesick - nope

I really don't much like British stuff at all especially comedy as I just don't find it funny.

It's more light American drama I'm looking for.

ValleyClouds Mon 23-Apr-18 23:27:04

I wish Parenthood was on there as that would be perfect for what you want.

I really loved Manhunt : Unabomber recently, but might be too gritty

It's a crime one based on true story

Have you heard of Travelers?

Time travelers take on the personalities of people from the past in order to prevent catastrophe. Sounds poor I know but I ended up really enjoying it.

Graphista Tue 24-Apr-18 02:28:25

I've tried manhunt but can't get into it. Travelers is on my list.

Thank you for not taking offence at my not liking your previous suggestions smile

IDefinitelyWould Tue 24-Apr-18 02:30:07

How about Good Wife?

Graphista Tue 24-Apr-18 02:36:42

Yea I've still final season of that to watch, may watch from beginning.

I'm annoyed at myself I've somehow missed loads of the spin off hoping that comes to Netflix at some point so I can catch up.

fizzicles Tue 24-Apr-18 02:47:53

The Good Place, How I Met Your Mother, Grace & Frankie, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23.

All light, funny, short episodes

Graphista Tue 24-Apr-18 02:54:13

The good place already watched.

Himym know it inside out grin

Brooklyn 9 9 bit juvenile for my taste lead actor annoys me.

Won't watch Jane Fonda. Can't stand her.

diodati Tue 24-Apr-18 03:34:14

I've just logged in to my account to see what I've enjoyed that isn't British. Suggestions; if you don't like them, no harm in trying!

Grey's Anatomy
OITNB
The Parent Trap
The Way Way Back
Haute Cuisine
House
Father of the Bride
The X-Files
This Is Us

madvixen Tue 24-Apr-18 04:55:21

I'm loving Designated Survivor at the moment.

The Good Fight is available to watch on 4OD.

AutoFilled Tue 24-Apr-18 05:01:56

Is grey’s anatomy on Netflix? I’m watching on amazon prime and got an email saying it will not be free after April sad

Totally gets what the OP says about it hard to view the full catalog. For both amazon and Netflix.

Graphista Tue 24-Apr-18 06:02:00

Oitnb - can't stand it, very repetitive.

Greys anatomy if that's on uk Netflix I'd watch that I saw some of the first season and enjoyed then due to life getting in the way couldn't keep up.

Watched house when it was on Netflix before is it back?

This is us I love but don't think it's on Netflix (looking forward to new season though)

X files meh

Others I've not heard of

Designated survivor I like - new episode each week bugs me though.

Autofilled - I understand not having it on the app but I don't see why there can't be a website.

dinosaurfeet Tue 24-Apr-18 06:05:09

Suits is enjoyable crap

Graphista Tue 24-Apr-18 06:09:35

Already watching suits (and looking forward to Rachel leaving - the character annoys me intensely. Keeps saying "I'm tough I can handle X y z and the next min whining!! Seriously - no corporate lawyer is this wimpy!)

PringlesPirate Tue 24-Apr-18 06:20:52

Once Upon a Time?

Graphista Tue 24-Apr-18 06:24:11

I'm stuck on that it seems to have lost its way - I'm at start of season 5 does it get good again?

GreenStars Tue 24-Apr-18 06:26:16

Love? Brilliant show by Judd Apatow.

diamondmoon Tue 24-Apr-18 06:35:49

Just watched Touch a series with Kiefer Sutherland. Its reallt good about young boy who predicts the future.

halesie Tue 24-Apr-18 06:38:27

I couldn't find season 1 of The Good Fight on 4OD but it's now on Amazon Prime video if you have that?

Graphista Tue 24-Apr-18 06:47:20

Don't have prime

itstheyearzero Tue 24-Apr-18 07:49:26

Offspring is fantastic and 6 or 7 seasons to get through

Summerisdone Tue 24-Apr-18 07:59:07

I don't think Grey's Anatomy is on Netflix but it is on Now TV if you have that? How to Get Away with Murder is on Netflix though, that's very good and is by the same writer as Grey's.
I do know what you mean about struggling to find things to watch because it's so difficult to know what the full catalogue is on Netflix, that's why I usually only end up watching things I've already heard of and know to look for.

Graphista Tue 24-Apr-18 08:10:29

Exactly - also annoying that the same titles are on different "lists" eg a crime drama on drama AND crime lists I'd rather have more titles revealed to choose from

Soph88 Tue 24-Apr-18 09:03:34

I binge watched the Santa Clarita diet. I really enjoyed it and there are two series. It's a little silly but in a funny way.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: