Really want to quit!

(6 Posts)
NotKeenOnSwede Sun 24-May-20 19:21:11

The satisfaction I get when I light one up is great obviously otherwise I wouldn't smoke, but it's nothing compared to the guilt I feel when I've put it out. What am I doing to my health etc. I have smoked a bit more due to lockdown and being out of my normal routine. This week I've smoked two a day, but 6 last night because I was drinking (this is when I mainly struggle because I really enjoy a fag with a drink). I am on the wine again tonight and know I'll probably crack and have a couple. Then I'll beat myself up about it all day tomorrow. I never used to really think about it but now I'm getting older (mid 30s) I'm thinking about my future health more and worrying about taking better care of myself...

OP’s posts: |
stoptherideiwanttogetoff Sat 06-Jun-20 10:02:07

I quit just before lockdown.. I have to say it wasn't the best time to doing but I've kept it up with the help of the tablets I was prescribed and it's worked!! I don't really have cravings anymore and I'm 88 days smoke free! Like you I was a light smoker but still a smoker! I enjoyed smoking to .. but as you say I'd instantly feel bad after smoking! No one even knew I smoked.. apart from my H and he was kind of OK with it. I feel better being rid of them and my skin has vastly improved, not to mention the health benefits. I'd highly recommend Champix it's worked very well for me.

George441 Mon 27-Jul-20 15:22:25

Chewing peppermints is one of the simple tricks to quit smoking.

Overthinker84 Sat 05-Sep-20 12:11:51

I am the same as you. I only have 1 a day and really want to stop altogether but I have this irrational fear of what happens when I stop?! I have smoked for nigh on 20 years. Any tips?

Spied Fri 11-Sep-20 16:50:06

@Overthinker84
I've just read through the principles of the Alan Carr method.
Makes sense.
I'm quitting today.

Orkneys Tue 27-Oct-20 12:06:03

It's not satisfaction it's withdrawal the end of the craving the feeling you get is suffocation.
Read Allen Carr.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in