Can anyone recommend a pen type vape please?

(8 Posts)
socialhermit Thu 21-May-20 18:53:15

I have been smoking for 25 years 😳. I've tried to give up only a couple of times, never for longer than a month. I smoke around 15 rollies a day.

I have now got a big motivation to stop. I'm basically being exposed to someone 10 years older than me, who is experiencing the very negative health effects of smoking. It's a close neighbour of mine. Coughing, choking, wheezing and still smoking around 50+ a day. He looks much much older than his years. I'm worried about him and am trying to persuade him to see a doctor. I think he is in denial. I don't want to end up like that myself.

I've tried a few different types of vaporisers before, but never stuck with it. Please recommend a good one....

I want it to be....

Pen type (very important).

Small enough to keep in my jeans pocket.

Doesn't overheat or spit back liquid.

Easy to buy replacement bits (atonomisers etc)

Not too expensive because I want to have 2! One in use and one charging.

Pretty colours would be a bonus!!

OP’s posts: |
ReginaldMolehusband Fri 22-May-20 11:53:50

Pen types are really a thing now but here's a list of pod devices which are popular now https://www.ecigclick.co.uk/best-pod-mods-for-vaping/ . If anything takes your fancy then checkout youtube reviews and shop around for best prices. The Caliburn is one of the most highly rated at he moment but they will all do a good job of getting you off cigs.

ReginaldMolehusband Fri 22-May-20 11:55:15

Pen types aren't really a thing now! <sigh>

itbemay1 Fri 22-May-20 12:12:39

I use an aspire K3 and love it. Been a non cigarette smoker for 2 years + coats me around £10 per month for juice and coils, I have 2 also. Pens were £20 each. Good luck!

Crayolalala Fri 22-May-20 15:03:49

@itbemay1 I’m looking for something new because the e-cigarette I currently smoke is costing more than smoking! £10 a month sounds more like it - what juice do you use and where do you get it? The thing I currently use has cartridges that are readymade disposable things so I don’t know anything about juices and coils.

Sorry to butt in on your thread OP but hopefully the answers will be of use to you too!

socialhermit Fri 22-May-20 16:23:50

Thank you for the advice and recommendations.

I've ordered an Aspire K3 smile

OP’s posts: |
ReginaldMolehusband Fri 22-May-20 21:14:19

Good luck, hope you get off the fags!

ElizabethBennet3rd Mon 15-Jun-20 21:05:32

Try searching on amazon for the ‘esovap’. Pen like, simple and inexpensive. I’ve had no problems with it overheating or spit back like others I’ve tried. 4 weeks 2 days smoke free! Good luck to you.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in