Stopping smoking.. handhold and advice please

(4 Posts)
HakunaMatataa Wed 12-Feb-20 20:43:26

Well done on going to the GP! I'm glad you've found what works for you! Cold Turkey is awful. Thank you. I've just brought some patches and lozenges. I cant cope with cold turkey either. Hats off to those that do.

I'm still very happy that I havent had a cig and that's what counts I guess.

OP’s posts: |
Shouldershrugger Wed 12-Feb-20 19:37:11

*finding it hard

Shouldershrugger Wed 12-Feb-20 19:36:26

I tried going cold turkey and I was weak and couldn't handle the withdrawal. So, I applaud you for going without one.

I did eventually go to my gp and they gave me the 2 week tablet, i think its called Champix. Worked a treat for me. Apart from the nausea in the 2nd week. But that does wear off an hr after taking the tablet. If you're finding hard, I definitely recommend the tablets.

But well done for giving up.

HakunaMatataa Wed 12-Feb-20 17:57:03

I think I just need positive stories about others stopping smoking or anything, a handhold, a distraction?

I just realised yesterday that I really didnt want to smoke anymore, and today I haven't had a cigarette all day. I just feel like I'm struggling. It's not so much that I want a cigarette, it's more that I'm craving the nicotine. I've got nicotine gum in the drawer but havent touched it as I'm worried that will make it harder to quit.

I've got a million and one reasons not to smoke. I know my reasons for stopping. I know I have nothing to gain from smoking but it's so hard!
I've read the Allen Carr book and I am going cold turkey. I literally just cried because i feel overwhelmed.
I was so happy earlier. I despise smoking and am excited to not smoke again but I feel alone.

Sounds pathetic I know, but maybe this could be a way to hold myself accountable

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in