Quitting smoking for IVF

(6 Posts)
BaileyBadger4 Sun 22-Dec-19 18:17:48

Hi guys ๐Ÿ‘‹ I just thought I'd start a thread for anyone that has / or is quitting smoking in order to do IVF etc.

Where I live (Devon, UK) we are eligible for 1 round of IVF on the nhs providing you are a non-smoker and have the correct BMI.

My OH and I are in the process of quitting smoking and have our IVF treatment booked in for January.

I'm currently taking a 12 week course of Champix to aid me in my smoking cessation.

Am currently on day 3 of no smoking whatsoever ๐Ÿ™Œ and I just wondered if it's ok to continue taking Champix throughout my ivf treatment?

My smoking nurse said the Champix doesn't affect any other medications but I just wondered if anyone has had any experience with this? Or if anyone is embarking on a quit-smoking journey to help with conception etc.?

Would love to hear from anyone else going through similar ๏ฟผ

OPโ€™s posts: |
cosmo30 Mon 10-Aug-20 11:11:30

Hi! Just wondering how you got on and if you managed to stay smoke free?

shazzz1xx Fri 11-Sep-20 22:32:57

@BaileyBadger4
How did you get on ?

I really struggled and just couldnโ€™t stop.. really cut down tho.. I did 2 rounds of ivf x

cosmo30 Fri 18-Sep-20 11:20:01

@cosmo30 do you mind me asking if your ivf was successful?

cosmo30 Fri 18-Sep-20 11:20:39

@BaileyBadger4 not @ myself ๐Ÿค”

Dabelous Fri 18-Sep-20 11:26:50

I stopped smoking on my last FET and with a lot of praying for strength to overcome the urge and the will power.. im now 6 weeks 3 days pregnant ๐Ÿ™Œ..hang in there its all with it once you get that bfp..God bless ๐Ÿ™

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in