Talk

Advanced search

Day 5 and feel dreadful!

(4 Posts)
iluvsummer Tue 22-Jan-19 18:54:09

Am on day 5 of stopping smoking and feel absolutely dreadful! Dizzy, back pain, feel like there’s something crawling over the left side of my back, stiff neck, shooting pains in my head, breathless! Was smoking 10-15 a day for the last 20 years off and on so have been using the step 2 patches, used them before but didn’t have a reaction then, but taken it off incase it’s the patch causing the symptoms but also have massive anxiety that I’m about to drop dead blush has anyone else felt like this after stopping the ciggies?

Gekeos Tue 22-Jan-19 22:10:25

Hi I'm on day 12, cold turkey almost identical story about 15 a day for 20 years. I haven't been experiencing pain etc but have been having massive issues with insomnia and waking up in the night and not being able to get back to sleep. I've also been eating a lot more but I'm trying not to worry to much about that at the minute, I've also been extremely lethargic, fatigued. Keep going and try to stay strong withdrawing from nicotine is really hard, maybe we could help each other get through.

iluvsummer Wed 23-Jan-19 19:40:37

That would be good yes! Am feeling ok today still a bad back but no coughing or cravings really, haven’t had a patch on today so going to try it now with no patches! Hope it’s going well for you!

mamalovebird Wed 23-Jan-19 19:51:14

Keep going! There is an NHS app that tells you how much you've saved every day and other motivational stuff - my DH found it useful when he was giving up. It's a little booster to keep you going.

I watched my dad die of lung cancer, due to smoking. It's grim. You are doing yourself a massive favour by giving up! You'll be so proud of yourself. It'll be worth it halo

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »