Talk

Advanced search

Advice over champix please.

(4 Posts)
Lostmyemailaddress Sat 02-Dec-17 21:27:28

I'm on day 8 of champix and just had the night tablet and I feel so sick. I've not smoked half as much since day 4 and the nausea is getting a lot worse. How long does it last for. The stop smoking adviser said my quit day will be on the 11th but does the nausea mean it could be sooner? Any advice would be very much appreciated.

ReginaldMolehusband Sat 02-Dec-17 22:11:35

I recall I stopped way before my "quit" date but that was because cigarettes tasted absolutely foul so I couldn't smoke even if I wanted to. Even when I stopped was told my by DW to stop taking the stuff and was gasping for a fag it took days for the effects to wear off.
Didn't get nauseous at all, "just" weird dreams, odd sensations of water dripping on my head, feeling not myself.
Obviously affects different folk in different ways but you do stop smoking if you can stand it. Good luck.

Chopchopbusybusy Sat 02-Dec-17 22:15:53

If you’re feeling that sick then just stop smoking. The stop smoking adviser shouldn’t be choosing your date for you. It’s up to you to decide.
I found the nausea wore off quite quickly. I stopped over 6 years ago with the help of champix. I’d stopped on a few occasion before but always went back to smoking. But with champix I had no interest in cigarettes any more. Good luck.

Lostmyemailaddress Sun 03-Dec-17 22:34:06

Thank you for the replies sorry I haven't come back sooner but sickness felt that I went to bed n I've had a hectic day. I have had 3 cigarettes all day so todays my last day as i really don't like this feeling n thank you for the good luck wishes smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: