Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Champix - anyone tried / on this?

(9 Posts)
Ellieboolou27 Sat 26-Aug-17 21:41:01

Hi
Long term smoker heavy smoker, tried vaping but didn't get on with it. GP advised champix as I actually want to stop, rather than replace smoking. Has anyone tried this or quit using it?
Day 2 and apart from feeling tired I can't feel any difference.

lovemylover Sat 26-Aug-17 21:48:52

Yes marvellous tablets.I stopped 3 years ago on Champix.no side effects at all you can smoke for thre first 2 weeks and set a date to stop.I chose a bank holiday when no local shops were open so not tempted to buy any.I didn't even finish the full course .still have some left.but I had tried every thing else.go for it

Lshe Sat 26-Aug-17 21:51:56

My partner tried to quit on this, sadly it just made him smoke more because he got the cravings but not the nicotine. I've heard really good stories about it though, i just dont think he was in the right frame of mind to quit at the time.
Good luck OP! X

lovemylover Sat 26-Aug-17 21:59:58

Yes I think you need to really want to stop.or it ewont work. Its not a magic pill .but it blocks the part of your brain that rules your addiction to smoking .in !my opinion its worth s go

Ellieboolou27 Sat 26-Aug-17 22:18:03

Thanks for the replies! Definitely want to stop, I've set my quit day for when kids go back to school which will be day 10 on the pills.
Thanks again - will update

RhinoGirl Sat 26-Aug-17 22:25:38

I stopped with this for a short while. It gets rid of the cravings totally, its the routine that was the worst! Breaking the habit as they say. Good luck smile

lovemylover Sun 27-Aug-17 11:46:57

Good luck I put the money I saved into seperate bank account.it soon mounted up even though I only smoked 10 a day .it amounted to £80 a month then.would be much more now they have gone up in price

Pearly70 Thu 02-Nov-17 23:08:37

I've used Champix 3 times with varied results (best was 18 months) it is good but I noticed it makes me very angry, like something that would usually be mildly annoying, I would get so angry I'd feel my head was about to explode! Once I recognised this it helped but I don't want to go back on it. I'm currently using patches and an inhalator and doing quite well.. on day 9 grin

Pearly70 Thu 02-Nov-17 23:10:16

You really must finish the course though, made that mistake once.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now