Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Quitting cold turkey CAN be done.

(7 Posts)
voddiekeepsmesane Sat 12-Aug-17 20:24:25

Just want to give a big call out to those who are wanting to quit cold turkey and say it CAN be done no matter how long you have been smoking. I smoked between 20 and 30 a day for 30 years and as little as 8 months ago would have sworn there was no giving up for me. I got really ill with sinus, ear and chest infections between October and January just gone. 14 WEEKS!! So many times I went to the doctors and I don't think I was ever really taken seriously when I wanted further tests, was always referred back to smoking being the cause. I swore that never again if I got that ill would I be fobbed off with smoking being the issue. I went cold turkey 18th January the first 2 weeks were a little rough but my mindset was in the right mode so didn't seem all that bad. Almost 7 months on and all is good. I really do feel that anyone can get to their own point of realisation but only your own mind is holding you back. I hope this story may help someone own their own path.

voddiekeepsmesane Sat 12-Aug-17 20:27:23

* almost 8 months 😊

etzy Thu 21-Sep-17 12:58:47

Wow u give me hope!

ozzie123 Sun 01-Oct-17 09:11:53

I have just completed the NHS 28 day smoke free app. Also done cold turkey halo

Mustang27 Sun 01-Oct-17 09:31:40

I did it 6yrs ago I still crave a cigarette every now and again. Especially when sitting outside a coffee shop on a cold day watching the world go by honestly it was my zen!!! Iv still not found anything that calms my nerves the way that did sad.

Suggestions welcome.

Littlechocola Sun 22-Oct-17 14:31:08

I’m on day one of cold turkey. I keep tidying to occupy myself.

Naomi2007 Mon 30-Oct-17 20:51:31

I'm on 15 months cold turkey!! I still have the off day where I think about it especially when I'm a bit overwhelmed and drinking a coffee but just keep being strong. Keep going guys

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now