Advanced search

Flying with your vaping kit

(9 Posts)
SilverHawk Sun 06-Aug-17 20:51:44

I understand that it needs to be in hand luggage. BUT am rather alarmed that spare coils show up as bullets (apparently) on the screeny thing.
I won't be able to buy abroad.
Also, does all the e juice have to go in hand?
It might be so much easier to just smoke abroad but I don't want to.
Gave up on the 20th March so not doing too bad.

WingsofNylon Sun 06-Aug-17 22:26:37

Just empty out the liquid from the tank and put the liquids in clear plastic bag. There won't be any other problems. I have done it several times to lots of countries. (keep in mind they are illegal in some countries)

WingsofNylon Sun 06-Aug-17 22:27:40

The slight chanage in pressure in the cabin is why i advise emptying the liqud as it can leak a little. Nothing to do with security.

SilverHawk Mon 07-Aug-17 16:10:01

Thank you, it sounds so simple. I think that I must have been over thinking it blush

WingsofNylon Mon 07-Aug-17 21:38:05

It is new so lots of people feel unsure about the rules so find feel embarrassed. Enjoy your holiday.

SleepingBooty Mon 07-Aug-17 21:40:41

I carried my ecig with liquid in it in the plastic liquids bag in hand luggage with spare battery. Spare liquids in the case.

cheesypastatonight Mon 07-Aug-17 22:01:37

I carry all mine set up and spare e liquid and put it in the clear bag to go through customs. Another set in suitcase just in case! Did it last week, all fine. Have done it many times.

SilverHawk Thu 10-Aug-17 19:40:30

You've all been very reassuring, thank you.
Now I think about it, I'm sure busy British airports are very used to seeing them by now.

stressedbeyond123 Tue 05-Dec-17 13:54:38

i have flown many times with my eCig.

i break it down completely, and put it all in a plastic bag in my handbag. the liquids i leave sealed; spare coils are sealed and kept in the same bag to.

Never had an issue going through airports or anything with it at all x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now