Talk

Advanced search

Vape kit help

(13 Posts)
helenfagain Fri 30-Jun-17 10:49:38

I stopped smoking 6 years ago using an ecig but have stupidly restarted. Want to get an ecig asap so I can stop but no idea where to start. Things have moved on a lot and I don't know anything about the new kits. What is sub ohm and mouth to lung? I would be using fairly low nicotine liquid and wanting to move to nicotine free quite quickly. Not looking to spend a fortune on a kit (prefer less than £50). Can anyone help?

DancesWithOtters Fri 30-Jun-17 11:04:00

I have tried loads over 3 years having quit a 15 year 20 a day habit.

The ones I kept coming back to were kangers:

kangeronline.com/products/kanger-evod-mega-starter-kit?variant=1032001244

You can get a tank on ebay for about £10. This is my favourite

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Kanger-Mini-Protank-3-Atomizer-for-E-Cigarette-Battery-1-5ml-Liquid-Oil-/272439037119?var=&hash=item3f6ea1ccbf:m:moS6wJ1PqVbG7bR83tSvWbQ

They're not cheap and nasty and breaking every 5 minutes, but not those ridiculous huge cloud of antisocial smoke ones. I replace mine every other month or so.

Polter Fri 30-Jun-17 17:03:13

Vaping is more likely to help you stop smoking if you don't rush it with reducing nicotine. Nicotine really isn't very harmful without tobacco, so start with whatever works and don't be too ambitious!

I've recently bought a little Aspire Pockex as a back up vape and it's very good, fairly cheap and works with standard liquids. My main vape kit is an eLeaf iStick 20/30w battery and an Aspire Triton tank, still not very expensive but I've been off the fags over 3 years now so it's working well.

Mouth to lung is like smoking, you draw on the fag/vape into your mouth and then inhale. Sub ohm vaping you draw on like you would of you were using a medical inhaler straight into your lungs, it makes big clouds but also uses a lot of juice, it's often more a hobby than a smoking replacement.

helenfagain Sat 01-Jul-17 11:10:34

I only smoke 2-3 cigs per day max, wondering if one of the Kanger E smart or e leaf I stick minis would be enough.

TartanTartan Sat 01-Jul-17 11:16:22

Same here op. I'd quit for several years using the cheap pen types but kept losing them or they'd break and I started smoking again.

Just recently decided to quit again and found this website helpful as it goes through the various types and has recommendations with discount codes too www.ecigclick.co.uk/what-is-the-best-e-cig-in-the-uk/.

I settled on the v2 pro series from the article above but haven't used it yet. I've also been into a shop before and found them helpful.

Polter Sat 01-Jul-17 11:38:35

For 2-3 fags a day the E Smart would be perfect. Start with 12/18mg liquid and have 2 batteries and spare atomisers and you should be fine. Onepoundeliquid.com is great for cheap good quality liquid.

helenfagain Sun 02-Jul-17 12:23:31

I have ordered an E smart but I'm struggling to work out which atomisers I need to buy! It's armchair more complicated than it was when I last used an ecig!

helenfagain Sun 02-Jul-17 12:23:51

Much more, not blooming armchair!

Polter Sun 02-Jul-17 12:35:57

Right, it looks like the E Smart tanks/clearomisers are treated as disposable these days (you used to be able to just buy the all in one base/atomiser and not have to replace the whole thing) but I've found some here for 5 for £10 which is ok. MyEPack have the starter kits E Smarts for £10.

Polter Sun 02-Jul-17 12:42:03

Further googling suggests the E Smart has been discontinued so I'd probably avoid. I'm going to return to my Aspire Pockex suggestion which is chunkier but easy, lovely and shouldn't be a problem for spares.

helenfagain Sun 02-Jul-17 14:11:12

What is confusing me is that the site doesn't bought the kit from suggests it's an 808D-1 thread but all the searches I have done suggest it's a 510.

helenfagain Sun 02-Jul-17 14:33:17

Insert spect I may have bought a useless item! Thankfully it wasn't very expensive.

helenfagain Sun 02-Jul-17 14:33:32

I suspect even!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now