Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Should I stop using patches now that I'm vaping?

(5 Posts)
muminthecity Sat 13-May-17 19:07:56

I gave up smoking 17 days and 20 hours ago grin after smoking 20 a day for almost 20 years. I've been using nicotine patches to help with the cravings. I started on 21mg ones and am now on 14mg. However, the cravings have been really intense for the last few days and I was so close to giving in and buying cigarettes. Instead, I bought a vaping kit and thought I'd give that a go instead. It's a bloody revelation! It's just like smoking and I love it! No cravings whatsoever.

I was just wondering now that I'm vaping, whether I should keep going with the patches as well (I still have 2 boxes) or whether to give them up. I'm using 11mg vape liquid so still getting a fair whack of nicotine.

I'm very new to all this so any advice would be much appreciated!

Ollivander84 Sat 13-May-17 19:43:48

I would stop them. You can always up the nicotine in the liquid (I quit on 18mg and dropped to 10mg) but I was smoking 30 a day

Jins Sun 14-May-17 15:39:04

I agree. I'd stop them. I'm four months in now and I'm only dropping from 18mg in certain set ups now.

Polter Tue 16-May-17 07:39:01

I wouldn't rush it, maybe cut a little bit more off the patches each day so you slowly reduce the patch nicotine as you get in the swing of vaping. Rushing to cut the nicotine levels (whether vaping or using patches) seems to be a common cause of returning to smoking IME.

ImaLannister Fri 19-May-17 00:01:47

Too much nicotine turns your skin green. Gen. my friend is a nurse and experiences green people. Not only that it can't be good for you, as nicotine restricts the blood flow. Could have serious Heath implications. Quit the patches and start off on 18mg nicotine, then lower to 12.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now