Talk

Advanced search

Day 15

(9 Posts)
R1nderCella Sun 16-Apr-17 19:09:47

Hi All,

I'm on Day 15 of no cigarettes aided by vaping but for the past 2 days I seem to have gotten a sore throat which is getting worse. I'm vaping a 6mg strength which is enough for me, I was smoking around 12 silk cuts a day for 19 years. Has anyone else experienced a sore throat after giving up or am I vaping incorrectly?

Thanks x

Ollivander84 Sun 16-Apr-17 21:04:22

Can be quite normal smile
What PG/VG ratio is your liquid? Should say on the bottle

PencilsInSpace Mon 17-Apr-17 08:32:30

YY you might find you do better with a high (or even 100%) VG liquid. Drink plenty of water too.

Well done star

R1nderCella Mon 17-Apr-17 08:53:44

Thanks for replying.

PG/VG is 50/50. I was reading some older posts last night and read that a higher VG is easier on the throat. I am going to try a 70/30.

I've attached a picture of my E-Cig.

Ollivander84 Mon 17-Apr-17 12:22:39

Yeah definitely try a higher VG, for the time keep drinking lots of fluids and warm drinks help too

Piesy Wed 19-Apr-17 19:00:17

OP are you still off the cigarettes? Looking for inspiration as I quit just after you...Am vaping and would be a wreck without it..

R1nderCella Wed 19-Apr-17 20:24:37

Hi Piesy,

Yes I'm on day 18! The only time I'm really craving an actual cigarette is with my morning coffee... otherwise I'm surprised at how easy it is.

I went to the chemist yesterday and there was a poster put up saying vaping is 95% safer which made me feel good.

How many days in are you? How are you finding it? Well done for giving up, what made you want to quit? Xx

Piesy Wed 19-Apr-17 23:16:00

I'm on Day 8 and today is the first day I feel like I'm going to be ok.
I have finally got the hang of vaping.
I recognize my hard times and am trying to be kind to myself, and feel positive about things.
Secret smoking was putting a huge strain on my life (DH vehemently anti-smoking) so that was my main motivation.
Can I ask how you are feeling now you're nearly at 3 weeks? For example could you trust yourself on a night out with people around you smoking?
I plan on avoiding temptation for a good few months till I'm feeling very in control..

R1nderCella Thu 20-Apr-17 11:46:31

I remember dating someone who was anti smoking - it was awful and so stressful. Are you vaping in secret as well?

I popped into town yesterday and there were a group of people puffing away - I quickly got my e cig out and started puffing. It was a strange feeling - like that familiar smell. I think I'm possibly finding it easier because I really wanted to quit, I'd just had enough of the expense and the dependence.

It's really hard Piesy, do be kind to yourself and pop by for a hand hold anytime you need one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now