Talk

Advanced search

I want to try sub ohming

(12 Posts)
mismo Sat 08-Apr-17 09:56:28

I'm fairly new to vaping, using an eleaf istick mini and mini nautilis tank, but it's not doing it for me and I keep going back to cigs, I'm intrigued by the sub ohm thing and want to give it a go but don't want to spend too much in case it's not for me, plus I don't have a clue where to start, would like a set up that's pretty straight forward and not too much of a learning curve.

Jins Sat 08-Apr-17 22:45:30

I really like my istick pico and Melo iii mini kit for sub ohm. I got it from fasttech, no idea how much it is in the UK. Your istick mini won't work with sub ohm.

I use nautilus or mini nautilus as my main tank and their performance on the istick mini isn't great. They seem to be better around 11-12 watts and the mini stops at 10. You may find they work better on a new mod as well.

Sub ohm is fun but uses loads of liquid and battery power

mismo Sun 09-Apr-17 07:32:32

Thanks for your reply, I think I'll get the pico then as I need a back up anyway, what coils would I have to use, I keep seeing things about different coil strengths,

Jins Sun 09-Apr-17 08:28:29

If you buy the pico kit with the Melo tank you get a 0.3 and 0.5 ohm coil so you can try them out. They are eleaf EC coils I think and not too pricey. You need to buy a battery for the pico - a 18650.

I've found a code for 30% off at elegant vapour but don't know how long it will last.
www.elegantvapour.co.uk/istick-pico-kit.html. The code is HOL30

Jins Sun 09-Apr-17 08:31:56

Or there's the option of an aspire mini triton if you can find one. It's similar to a mini nautilus but will do sub ohm as well.

I don't think the Melo will go above ohm but could be wrong

mismo Sun 09-Apr-17 08:45:55

Thank you so much,

Jins Sun 09-Apr-17 09:45:39

Let us know what you decide on and how you get on smile

Don't go higher than 6mg nicotine in a sub ohm tank. I did and it wasn't fun

Downtonishabby Sun 09-Apr-17 22:51:30

I love my kanger sub box mini C starter kit. You need to add a battery but don't need a separate charger.
Also yes to lower liquid, I use 3mg but have recently started mixing my own at about 1.5mg. It does use more liquid, I use my normal tank through the day and sub-ohm at night.

FurryDogMother Wed 12-Apr-17 16:19:35

I've got 4 Kanger SubVods - they're simple little things, integral battery, no indicator of charge levels or anything, but they work and they're fairly cheap (under £30 from Amazon, tank included). I've also got various versions of the Cool Fire IV and i-sub G ,S, and V tanks, plus a Cleito or two, and a Cloud Beast, but I wouldn't go for that set up until you've decided you like sub-ohming. I do smile

mismo Thu 13-Apr-17 08:23:01

Update: Went into my local vape shop and was recommended the Kanger sub vod, as a beginners sub hom starter, so I don't have to faff around with watts and stuff, which I still haven't got the hang off, got a couple of nice juices and so far really enjoying the experience, it's kept me off the fags anyway, thanks everyone who helped me, I'm sure I'll upgrade somewhere down the line, but for now I'm happy.

Jins Thu 13-Apr-17 12:37:42

That's great. I've been looking at the Subvod myself but I'm happy enough with the Pico (and my Kayfun 5 gives a similar vape if I build it right) so I'm trying not to be tempted.

I do like a bit of sub ohm but I prefer my nautilus for daytime.

It's all about finding what works for you

SaucyJack Tue 18-Apr-17 22:41:27

I highly recommend this for anyone wanting to sub-ohm. Really lovely smoke and it's a top-fill tank so actually much easier to use than the mini Nautilus.

I've had it for nearly a year now, and it's been bloody marvellous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now