Talk

Advanced search

I've stopped smoking! (for 4 hours :-/)

(11 Posts)
TomatoTomAto Sun 12-Mar-17 21:25:41

It's been 4 hours and 21 minutes and I feel bloody awful <pathetic>.
I would normally smoke between 15-20 roll ups a day and today I had 2 all day up until 5pm. I then decided to do just do it and try to stop.

My throat is actually hurting and I KNOW that a bloody fag would make it feel better.
I purposely told ds (5) that I will be trying very hard to stop smoking cigarettes, mainly to give me more incentive to knock it on the head, but I've lost every bit of positivity and I want to run to the shop and get some.

HELP!!

TomatoTomAto Mon 13-Mar-17 02:02:11

Anyone??

Well I still haven't smoked so that's something...

TomatoTomAto Mon 13-Mar-17 07:50:51

Still no smoking. I know no one's interested 😂😐 but I think this is helping.

PencilsInSpace Mon 13-Mar-17 19:23:24

That's brilliant Tomato star how's it going?

SorrelSoup Mon 13-Mar-17 19:30:30

Try the free Cessation Nation app if you like stats. It really helped me. After 3 days it's so much less of a big deal. Then after 7 etc...

FATEdestiny Mon 13-Mar-17 19:32:55

Yeah!

Well done you!

When I gave up (1st January 2013) I was texting everyone i knew with hourly updates on exactly how long is not smoked for.

Feel free to update this thread with your updates. I'll definately cheer you on grin

TheDogsMother Mon 13-Mar-17 19:34:33

Brilliant effort Tomato, keep it up. I didn't tell myself I was giving up as that felt to final so I took each day as 'I'm not going to smoke today'. Honestly stick with it as it's soooo liberating. None of that worrying about where you can and can't smoke or how long until the next ciggie. Think of the money you'll save. Can you set aside the money in a tin each day and after a month treat yourself.

YOU CAN DO THIS

MollyHuaCha Mon 13-Mar-17 19:37:05

smile Keep going!

wishesandkisses Tue 14-Mar-17 22:31:55

Keep it up!! It's worth it. Every craving will be less than the last and they will only last 5 mins. Ride it out! How are you going?

babyunicornvomit Tue 14-Mar-17 22:35:10

I've never smoked myself but after seeing how it affected my grandad I never ever could. He had multiple tumours on his lungs and throat developing to lung cancer, and after multiple operations resulting in him barely being able to breathe without oxygen and having to feed calorie-shakes through a tube for the remainder of his life, he still couldn't beat his smoking addiction and in the end it took his life. It devastates me, but that was his choice.

I have seen first hand how hard it is to fight an addiction, so you're doing an amazing thing. Keep going! You're strong and brave. flowers

TheDogsMother Wed 15-Mar-17 12:46:57

How are you doing Tomato ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now