Talk

Advanced search

Help for clueless vaper much appreciated

(32 Posts)
RubbishMantra Sat 25-Feb-17 17:51:35

I bought 2 kits a couple of years ago (Smokers D'lite) and started off hopeful, but the cigarettes crept back in. I bought replacement end bits that you fill with liquid/bit that goes in your mouth locally, but the shop has now closed.

Can anyone tell me or link to where I can buy these replacement end bits that will fit it online? I've included a photo. The battery screws into the mouth-piece/tank thingy.

I'm hoping it won't be necessary to buy an entire new kit, because the battery part charges up fine on both.

TIA!

hollinhurst84 Sat 25-Feb-17 18:00:46

You need @Poltergoose smile

RubbishMantra Sat 25-Feb-17 18:19:07

Ta Hollin <waves> . Bounces up and down impatiently for @Poltergoose. grin

hollinhurst84 Sat 25-Feb-17 18:21:47

It's been a while since I used that type so I can't remember the name! There's some other kits you could look at, the Endura T18 or T22 are quite cheap and then you just need liquid and replacement coils

RubbishMantra Sat 25-Feb-17 20:08:04

I'm not down with the lingo at all, Hollin. Don't mean to sound thick, but by coil do you mean the bit that the vaping liquid goes in, that goes in your mouth? It seems to have moved on somewhat since I tentatively tried it. confused

Will investigate the Endras, ta .

hollinhurst84 Sat 25-Feb-17 20:41:57

Ok so you have the battery, then the tank that holds the liquid. They don't need replacing smile then you have the coil that goes in the tank, they burn out and need replacing
Some last a week or so, some last 3-4 weeks
The Endura are all in one so you get a tank and the battery, you just put the coil in and liquid and vape away. If it starts tasting funny or burnt then you change the coil

hollinhurst84 Sat 25-Feb-17 20:43:14

This might help. Don't worry, ask away. I was SO confused when I started

PencilsInSpace Sat 25-Feb-17 20:43:58

Any endy bit (clearomiser or tank) will fit that battery. If you want to stick with that size of kit you'll probably get on well with these.

However, the battery might not be up to much after 2 years lying around and you're correct, things have moved on a bit in the last few years. If you're thinking of giving vaping another bash it's worth investing in some new kit to give yourself the best chance. How much do you want to spend? grin

I like MyEpack (site linked above) if I'm buying in the UK. I'm not up with the latest best starter kits so I'll leave it up to others to recommend stuff.

exLtEveDallas Sat 25-Feb-17 20:45:59

You can get what you need on Amazon.

Try a GS H2 Clearomiser and an Ego II battery. Can buy both from Greensound.

hollinhurst84 Sat 25-Feb-17 20:46:42

Ahh here's an expert grin
I couldn't remember your user name!!!

PencilsInSpace Sat 25-Feb-17 20:49:04

hollinhurst, OP has a CE4. They don't have replaceable coils, you bin the whole thing. They were a cheap and cheerful step up from cartomisers back in the day and really helped vaping take off <chomps gums>

hollinhurst84 Sat 25-Feb-17 20:52:37

I have some blushblush somewhere. Along with the same battery grin
But I couldn't quit smoking with them, just wasn't enough for me. Think they were 2013 ish

PencilsInSpace Sat 25-Feb-17 20:52:47

YY to GS-H2! here on Amazon. There are a lot of fake ones around though that leak horribly. I've bought from Tec-Spec 1 loads of times and they are genuine.

PencilsInSpace Sat 25-Feb-17 21:04:44

I've got about 10 eGo's languishing in a drawer. I'll never use them again. Can't bin them because they still work and that would be wasteful. Can't pass them on because they really are quite old now and might be dangerous ... I need to bin them don't I? grin

exLtEveDallas Sat 25-Feb-17 21:54:18

I love my Ego II batteries, they are so pretty!

Allergictoironing Sun 26-Feb-17 08:34:53

{waves to Rubbish}

As pp have said, GS-H2 tanks (the bit that goes in your mouth & holds the liquid) are cheap & cheerful yet do the job fine. You can replace the coil (bit in the bottom that vaporises the liquid) really easily in them and again replacement coils are quite cheap.

I'm a bit of a vaping pleb & over 2 years after my last "real" ciggie I'm still using that set up most of the time, just use a larger battery with longer life between charges.

Remember that using e-cigs is a bit different to smoking. A few puffs frequently for the e-cig, rather than the entire cigarette in 5 mins every hour or so.

There's a few tricks you can play on yourself to help if you go for the gradual changeover. I used to leave my cigs and lighter in a room I rarely went into, so I would have to get up and make a positive effort to light up, whereas my e-cig would be sitting there next to me ready to go. Setting yourself minimum time before you can have a cig but unlimited e-cig. Putting every penny saved into a jar & watching the cash mount up.

Ihopeyouhadthetimeofyourlife Sun 26-Feb-17 08:47:29

Home bargains sells the replacement top for that kind of battery

Jins Sun 26-Feb-17 10:36:38

Home bargains and pound shops do them and they aren't bad.

I agree about the innokin Endura T18. It's a really good tank and will improve vaping for you

RubbishMantra Sun 26-Feb-17 20:28:30

Ah, thanks everyone! <waves to Allergic> I've been quite reserved on the old fags, only smoked about 5 since yesterday evening and now. Had a go with the old model and oils, but it made my lips and face swell up. So definitely new oils needed... Perhaps a newer model also. It's all so confusing!

I really appreciate the advice, vapers!

RubbishMantra Sun 26-Feb-17 20:51:20

...but I'm still really confused. blush

The endy bit that holds the liquid in my old school CE4(?) you just chucked it away and bought a new one. Am I right in thinking you buy the tank(?) and coil separately now? Then have to assemble everything, like a Kinder Egg with no instructions?

I'm thinking it might be easier just to buy a new kit from scratch?

hollinhurst84 Sun 26-Feb-17 20:56:26

Effectively yes but you literally screw the coil in, it's v v easy
The tank and coil are all in one in what you have, the newer ones you just bin the coil as opposed to the whole thing

RubbishMantra Sun 26-Feb-17 21:23:32

Riiight, so it goes, battery, coil, tank. And they all screw together, separately? You don't have to fish about with a toothpick in the tank to remove previous coil?

Sorry for being so clueless!

PolterGoose Sun 26-Feb-17 21:31:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RubbishMantra Sun 26-Feb-17 21:33:44

Oh man! If it was this confusing to begin smoking, nobody would ever start!

hollinhurst84 Sun 26-Feb-17 21:38:11

Yep they all just screw together
Here is my battery and tank. The coil goes in just one hole, and screws in, you can't put it in the wrong place or get it wrong

Link to photo explanation http://www.vapecentric.com/vaping-101/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now