Talk

Advanced search

Vape cough

(10 Posts)
BadVaper Sun 12-Feb-17 23:35:02

I am sick of smoking and really want to quit, I've tried patches, gum, inhalator and spray with no success.

I have tried vaping in the past using a few different cig a likes you can buy in supermarkets, the ones with cartridges not juice, everyone of them have made me cough and choke with every puff.

I decided to buy a proper starter kit and give juices a go, i bought an Aspire K2 starter kit. I went to a vape shop to ask advice on juices and coughing they said it is probably the nicotine level so I bough a 12mg and 6mg juice.

The 12mg one makes me cough with every puff, the 6mg one I hardly cough at all but I don't feel like I am getting enough nicotine from this and am still getting strong cravings.

I have read about high vg juices but I think they may be too thick for my kit.
Does anyone know if there is anything I can try to stop the coughing with a higher nic juice?

Jins Mon 13-Feb-17 10:24:10

What's the proportion of VG in your 6mg juice? I've found that my old starter kit can handle 70% VG with no problem at all. The kit you have should handle it pretty well as it's a decent coil.

If you aren't having problems with the 6mg could you buy the exact juice in 12mg? If you still cough it's the nicotine but generally it's the PG that causes problems for me

BadVaper Mon 13-Feb-17 17:58:41

Hi Jins, Both juices are 50/50. I could try the 6mg in 12 I don't really like the flavour but would stick with it if it stops the coughing.

I think I will order some more juices with higher vg and hope that works.
I really want to get this sorted.

PencilsInSpace Mon 13-Feb-17 18:18:13

It's quite common for vaping to make you cough for the first few days. Take slow, gentle puffs, you don't need to inhale at all if it's uncomfortable - most of the nicotine is absorbed through your mouth and nose. Drink plenty of water. You might find it just gets better after a bit.

Jins Mon 13-Feb-17 18:18:49

Try higher VG first. I'm using 30/70 at the moment and it's going well for me. Keep on with it. It takes a little while to get things right for you but it's really worth it

PencilsInSpace Mon 13-Feb-17 19:08:20

Oh yes definitely try higher VG too smile

BadVaper Tue 14-Feb-17 22:34:20

I have ordered some higher vg and different nic level juices, hopefully I can find one that works for me.

I was puffing on it like you would a cigarette I've now started doing smaller puffs and that's helping a bit. I'm sure I will get used to it soon.

Thank you for the advice.

Jins Wed 15-Feb-17 09:03:29

It does take time to get the technique and find the right juices for you. My first attempt years ago didn't stick partly because I wasn't using juices that worked for me. This time I've spent a lot more on different juices. Some will end up in the bin but I've still spent less than cigs would have cost and I'm feeling better for it.

Good luck and there's loads of knowledgeable people here to help out.

PolterGoose Thu 16-Feb-17 17:06:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BrownEyedLady Thu 16-Feb-17 20:44:23

Mine made me cough to begin with. Found out it was my inhaling technique. I'd inhale cig smoke straight into my lungs but with vapes I have to inhale it into my mouth then take it into my lungs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now