Talk

Advanced search

Right...I'm going to do this!!

(24 Posts)
BroomHandledMouser Tue 03-Jan-17 15:32:23

I've made a few resolutions this year...I've joined the gym and come off Facebook yay!

The next thing is to kick the fags. Now, I've bought a vape and it's been sat on the side since October. I've tried it and it's ok, but I really have to suck to get anything remotely like a fag hit.

I'm using the 18mg menthol liquid which I like. But is there any other vapes I should be looking at? I smoke around 8-14 roll ups a day, I'm not fussed about price as this needs to work for me now.

I've attached a pic of my vape smile

BroomHandledMouser Tue 03-Jan-17 15:34:53

The box

IHaveBrilloHair Tue 03-Jan-17 15:37:01

No advice on capes, but my day is tomorrow with patches, I want rid of the hand/mouth thing.

Ginmakesitallok Tue 03-Jan-17 15:37:30

Good for you! I stopped smoking 3 and a half years ago, I use a coolfire battery with a mini nautilus tank. Is your battery variable voltage?

IHaveBrilloHair Tue 03-Jan-17 15:38:14

Vapes, fgs, vapes, though since I'm not a Superhero, I don't know much about capes either.

BroomHandledMouser Tue 03-Jan-17 15:39:26

Oooh I've no idea blush I just plug it into the iPhone charger and that's it!

Good luck with the patches IHave!

BroomHandledMouser Tue 03-Jan-17 15:39:48

grin

CondensedMilkSarnies Tue 03-Jan-17 15:39:49

Woo hoo ! Good for you . I've been vaping for about 2 months now no fags at all. This is what I use - it makes my Rothmans smoking friend cough grin .

Ginmakesitallok Tue 03-Jan-17 15:41:47

I phone charger?? Be careful - you should be using an ecig charger.
As for liquid - I mostly mix my own using t juice concentrates. It works our much much cheaper than buying ready made.

CondensedMilkSarnies Tue 03-Jan-17 15:41:54

It does make a difference as to what battery setting you use - too high and it tastes burnt , too low and you don't get anything . Have a look at the bottom of the battery , there should be notches that you can change the setting with by twisting the bottom .

donajimena Tue 03-Jan-17 15:42:35

The thing with vaping is that you have to use it continously rather than a couple of puffs when you would have normally had a cigarette.
I wish you the best of luck. It worked for me.

CondensedMilkSarnies Tue 03-Jan-17 15:44:14

Does the bottom of your battery look like this ?

BroomHandledMouser Tue 03-Jan-17 15:45:46

This is the charger it came with, is that not good?

BroomHandledMouser Tue 03-Jan-17 15:46:51

The corner of my golden Virginia packet in the shot there blush

CondensedMilkSarnies Tue 03-Jan-17 15:59:07

That's the same charger as mine , I plug it into my camera charging plug not an iPhone one.

RoseGoldHippie Wed 04-Jan-17 17:48:29

I'm with you! Went on patches AGES ago and did really well. Then had a very stressful visit from the MIL and went straight back to them. On the vape now so we shall see! Good luck OP!

PencilsInSpace Thu 05-Jan-17 13:02:54

It says here the Ego AIO has 'overall battery protection of over-charging, over-current and over-discharging' so theoretically you should be OK with any 5V wall charger.

However, to be on the safe side, get a plug with Output: 500 mA (or 0.5A). You can get one here for £4 or probably cheaper on Amazon.

BroomHandledMouser Fri 06-Jan-17 10:15:26

Ok I'll have a look into that thanks smile

Day two of no fags, not going too badly!

CondensedMilkSarnies Fri 06-Jan-17 13:12:01

Well done ! I've just ordered some new Vape juice , blueberry , black currant and strawberry .

BroomHandledMouser Fri 06-Jan-17 21:45:36

That sounds delicious! I'm on menthols at the moment but I want to try some of the sweet ones.

I feel lousy today sad angry, headaches and generally pissed off

2017willbeawesome Fri 06-Jan-17 21:52:09

Go for it, I'm two years no cigs. (I was a 40 a day for 24 years!!!!!!!) The e-cIg was brilliant. Advice go to a proper e-cIg Vape shop for your liquids. Cheaper & better quality. The high street stuff is manufactured by the cigarette companies & is not as nice (I'm being polite). A decent cape shop will also be able to show you how to use your e-cig properly, the right liquids for your system etc. It's also worth booking an appointment with your smoking cessation nurse at your GP. They will be able to test your breathing and then you can see the physical difference - this really helped me as I felt like shit when I quit - really quite ill for a while, but the clinic helped to show it was actually making a difference. Good luck

2017willbeawesome Fri 06-Jan-17 21:53:02

Vape not cape shop - argh auto correct

2017willbeawesome Fri 06-Jan-17 21:53:26

Vape not cape shop - argh auto correct

SuzanneF Thu 23-Feb-17 11:55:27

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now