Talk

Advanced search

Vape: my adult dummy

(5 Posts)
PenguinsandPebbles Mon 21-Nov-16 12:55:35

Hello Vapers,

So after a hit and miss start, I went for a Cirro2 from Tesco, cheap and cheerful and I am actually now after lots of trial and error doing well, last few days I haven't even wanted a cigarette and the smell/thought is just repugnant so I'm not going back to those smelly things as I love my cirro.

But I think I love it a little too much sad

I'm using it what sometimes feel like constantly! I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing? Better than cigarettes of course but I now feel like a 39 year old woman with a dummy confused

Did others experience this, do you go "crazy" with it at first and then find it tappers off? I'm not getting any nasty side effects and I'm definitely not craving cigarettes, I'm using 18mg and getting through about 1.6mls a day. Maybe it just feels like I'm using it constantly as before I'd spent five minutes having a smoke and now I'm just using it for a few puffs here and there but more regularly so maybe it feels like it's constant.

When I say no side effects I did find it really hard to sleep last night, so I've got a second chamber which I plan to put 0 nicotine in for night time, so will try to alternate - again any experience of this happening? I also have an 11 so can bounce up to that if the cravings return.

I just do not want to go back to those smelly things, I picked up a coat earlier that I wore last time I had one oh my goodness it stank, I know I should be more concerned with all the death and health implications but that really shocked me!

Really looking for some advise and motivation I guess!

BeezerBubble Mon 21-Nov-16 18:06:39

For me, after a couple of weeks vaping and no cigarettes I was just happy to know I'd never smoke again to bother about how much I vaped. Nothing else has come close in keeping me off tobacco. One thing I would say, the Cirro 2 is ancient technology these days and not great at delivering nicotine. Perhaps look at the vaping thread and get an idea of what's current in the vaping world.
Good luck staying off the fags, 4 1/2 years now for me.

Sleeplessinmybedroom Mon 21-Nov-16 18:14:01

I do find I'm pretty much vaping constantly every few minutes in the evening when the kids are in bed. In the day not so much because I have to leave the room. You get a lower nicotine hit from vaping that's why people do it more than smoking.

PolterGoose Mon 21-Nov-16 21:11:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PenguinsandPebbles Mon 21-Nov-16 21:39:13

Thanks vapers, I also posted in chat so I missed these comments hence my late reply smile

I brought this one as I was doing my grocery order and for some reason I clicked on the wrong thing whilst looking for something and there it was, so for £14 I thought might be worth a try - really glad I did. It has been incredibly easy now I've got the hang of it, but maybe it is worth investing a different one, I shall have a closer look at the other threads.

I think looking it as a better option and that I will never smoke a cigarette is again is possibly the best thing to do, and not worry too much about how much as it doesn't seem too excessive and when I'm busy doing other things it's not so bad.

Thanks for the tips it's all helpful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now