Talk

Advanced search

Vape tank help please

(14 Posts)
sparklyraindeers Sun 13-Nov-16 11:35:24

Bought a new tank on Friday as I fancied a change.

Can anyone tell me how the hell it goes together.

The tank Pyrex bit moves so I clearly m doing it wrong. I've tried looking on YouTube and the instructions but I'm just not getting it

sparklyraindeers Sun 13-Nov-16 11:36:01

Picture fail.. Try again

PolterGoose Sun 13-Nov-16 14:21:32

You need to unscrew the base (the bit with the connection to your battery. Then atrach the piece which your base was attached to onto to glass section (like this picture).

PolterGoose Sun 13-Nov-16 14:21:55

attach

PolterGoose Sun 13-Nov-16 14:23:04

What tank were you using before?

sparklyraindeers Sun 13-Nov-16 15:04:37

Mini nautilus I have been using.

Thanks so much, so it's pretty much the same set up then. That was really hard to figure out ha, makes perfect sense now.

Life saver

PolterGoose Sun 13-Nov-16 15:45:55

Top tip: when you fill it don't forget to turn the selector ring back to the vape symbol and not the fill symbol. I've killed a few coils like this as no juice reaches the coil in fill mode (and it leaks in full mode too) blush

It's a fab tank though, my favourite by far.

sparklyraindeers Sun 13-Nov-16 15:50:58

That's really great to hear. I've been waiting ages for it to come back in stock in either black / silver. The rose gold looks great but unfortunately eleaf don't make a gold mod.

sparklyraindeers Mon 14-Nov-16 07:51:20

It's working, but either it's leaking or it evaporates juice. I didn't fill it up to the top but 3/4 sat for mins and had a go on it and a few puffs and a lot of juicer vanished.

I turned my mod down to 12.1w and it's a 1.8omh coil.

Overnight I put it stood up in its box and the coil was covered in juice but it's empty now but no juice in the box.

I will try again with it

PolterGoose Mon 14-Nov-16 08:50:38

Try another coil. Aspire quality control can be a bit pants.

sparklyraindeers Wed 14-Dec-16 21:54:41

I'm just wondering if anyone else has this tank and how long the coils last?

I've gotta say I'm struggling with it a bit as it seems to leak quite a lot and the coils aren't half burning out quickly. I burnt one out this morning by not having it in vape mode so changed it. It had a full tank of liquid that ended up all over me as the Pyrex tank moves. And now this evening it's burnt out already. I'm using the same coils from the mini nautilus.

I love the top fill but at this rate I'm considering either going back to the nautilus or getting something else. I have seen another aspire tank with top fill but you can't change the drip tip and I need one the same as the nautilus top as I really don't like change

PolterGoose Thu 15-Dec-16 12:19:03

My coils last ages but I'm using a clear mint juice, if you're using something thicker or more custardy/desserty they last less time.

I would take it apart and give it a wash in hot water. Leave to air dry. Then re-assemble but use a smidgen of juice to lubricate the rubber seals. Make sure you screw your coil in well and it can help to prime the coil by squeezing a bit of juice into the wick though the little holes. If the Pyrex tank is moving you haven't screwed it together tight enough.

I've burnt a few coils out by forgetting to turn it to 'vape mode' too.

I use the mini triton Clapton coils (1.8ohm)

sparklyraindeers Thu 15-Dec-16 12:32:53

I use a minty juice too but the supplier I buy through has stopped selling pre made so I bought plain with nicotine and mint concentrate and have just started mixing up my own but I feel I've buggered up the ratio as its far too minty. No idea if that could be the reason.

The Pyrex tank only moved when I removed the bottom to take the coil out but it was full with liquid as it was bad timing as I'd just refilled. It seems well on my tank that I'm not able to coil change with juice in like the nautilus as the bottom part seems seems to be keeping the Pyrex bit in place.

It seemed to have burned out yesterday but as I was full with liquid I had to power through but it doesn't taste burnt today despite not changing the coil.

PolterGoose Thu 15-Dec-16 12:50:57

Are you holding the steel bits when you unscrew it to replace the coil? If I accidentally unscrew the Pyrex a little it's easy to tighten before it leaks as the seals are so good.

To replace the coil I remove the top (the bit that holds the drip tip) then unscrew the base that holds the coil (not the bit that attaches to the Pyrex tube), replace the coil, give it all a wipe, re-assemble, and voila.

I think you probably just need to take your time and make sure you've got a grip on it, and don't forget to set it to vape mode for vaping! I tend to replace the coil when there's very little juice in the tank too to reduce spillage if I knock the tank over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now