Talk

Advanced search

Flipping difficult this time round

(9 Posts)
lasttimeround Wed 19-Oct-16 14:03:18

I'm on week 3 of patches. With one relapse but onwards. I'm finding it so difficult this time. I don't have my usual quit motivation. I've also been losing weight this year and stopping smoking is increasing bingeing.
I'm clear I need to do this. I'm on my 40s I have terrible blood fats genetically so healthy habits are really important.
Just posting to try to increase determination.

PolterGoose Thu 20-Oct-16 10:41:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lasttimeround Fri 21-Oct-16 19:03:15

I lapse when I'm stressed polter. I've smoked for over 20 years on and off. Usually I quit when I'm massively fed up of smoking. This time I'm not that motivated. But sadly vaping actually increases my nicotine dependence. Anyway almost on week 4.

PolterGoose Fri 21-Oct-16 19:04:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheFlyingFauxPas Fri 28-Oct-16 02:23:23

I'll be 4 weeks on Saturday. I'm using patches and inhalator. I love ❤ my inhalator ❤ It's the mouth hands thing. I'm also 40s (late) and was coughing all the time and got a bit breathy. Can't believe how much better I feel already. I'd recommend getting a little white plastic pal.

TheFlyingFauxPas Fri 28-Oct-16 02:25:09

Also got a fab app. Tells me how much money I've saved and how many fags I haven't had

AnnieOnAMapleLeaf Fri 28-Oct-16 03:23:00

Congratulations OP!! Whether you have the motivation or not, I can't imagine you want to go through the first three weeks again.

I'm just over six months since I quit and still have moment when I would kill for a smoke. The thing to remember is that cravings usually only last for 2 minutes so you only need to get through 2 minutes. Run up and down the stairs, drink an ice cold glass of water, chew cinnamon gum...whatever works for you.

One day at a time (ODAT). You can do this.

lasttimeround Fri 28-Oct-16 23:17:59

Finally an easier week. Getting there. Thsnks for the encouragement all snd well done those of you who've quit.

Littleballerina Mon 21-Nov-16 17:44:29

lasttimeround, can I ask how you are getting on?
I'm starting patches and mints tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now