Talk

Advanced search

Help with ecig please!

(20 Posts)
Reckoning Sat 01-Oct-16 21:21:53

I have been off the roll ups for 4 months using one of these (hopefully photo attached!) . I seem to be killing them though ,the battery's get liquid in the end (where you charge it) and after a while they don't vape so well, they gurgle a bit. It can also get quite hot on the metal bit (says aspire on) . Where am I going wrong?

I've been buying them from my local vape shop and it's a total pain to get there when it's open due to work and the DC! Is there anywhere I can purchase spare battery's and coils on line for it?
I've been vaping heizen from £1 liquids if that makes any difference!
Thanks in advance!

CostaBrava Sat 01-Oct-16 21:27:13

Amazon for battery and oils (lots of other places, probably cheaper but I have Amazon Prime)
Alchemist's Cupboard for liquid. Cheap liquid kills them. Have you considered upgrading your kit? I have a few but favourite is a Kangertech Genitank with i-stick battery.

CostaBrava Sat 01-Oct-16 21:27:55

*coils

rosebud32 Sat 01-Oct-16 21:29:01

Those vape tanks are really not the best. As your not brand new to vaping would highly recommend the mini nautilus by aspire is a amazing tank and you just replace the coils instead of throwing them away.

I started on a kit like that and it was fine for a starter kit but you can't beat a really good tank, the flavor on the aspire is really good.

If you sign up to them with your email address I had a code to get 10% off my first purchase.

Reckoning Sat 01-Oct-16 21:31:47

Thanks for the reply! I didn't know that about cheap e liquid.. might explain it.
I have thought about upgrading but I like the lightness of it and the mouth piece design and wouldn't be sure what else to get? Dh has a beast of an ecig and it's got a metal mouthpiece and is heavier than mine with different settings and I can't get on with it!

rosebud32 Sat 01-Oct-16 21:31:49

Also as I'm recommending. I've got the istick by eleaf 50w and it's amazing you can vape and charge at the same time and my can last 4-5 days and I'm a heavy vaper. It shows the battery level so you haven't got to guess.

It's a great combo with the mini nautilus as I find the mini nautilus as close to a ciggie drag (tried many friend tanks and prefer this by far)

LittleDittyAbout Sat 01-Oct-16 21:33:25

Get a 2200mah battery, they last longer. Order cheap ones from Fasttech if you can wait. I have several. I use a cheap tank from Bargain Vapour, I'd use a new one a week. I'm sure there's better out there but these suit me.

Tanks: www.bargainvapour.com/H2_Clear_Cloud/p1274299_11236675.aspx

I also buy their 100ml liquids. Great value.

rosebud32 Sat 01-Oct-16 21:34:15

The mouth peice on the nautilus is prewar close to what you've been using and you can buy plastic ones on eBay for £1 or 2.

All the others I've tried seem too wide and I don't like change. I keep looking at different tanks online but keep thinking no I'm really happy with what I have

Reckoning Sat 01-Oct-16 21:35:30

Thanks rosebud - what do you mean by replace the coils rather than throw away? It might be time to invest in a better set up now I'm completely secure in not smoking , I think I would struggle without vaping though !
What would be the best set up that's a similar shape to mine?i like having two battery's so I'm not without ever!

Reckoning Sat 01-Oct-16 21:37:23

X post!im going to check those out ..
So is poundeliquids a No no? I'm loving the heizen flavour!

LittleDittyAbout Sat 01-Oct-16 21:37:39

Ooh I might try the mini nautilus. Is €25 about right for it?

Reckoning Sat 01-Oct-16 21:46:26

I've confused myself!where is a good place to buy the istick and mini nautilus from online?
Would some kind soul link me to them grin I'm loving vaping but feel such a newbie!

SoleBizzz Sat 01-Oct-16 21:48:30

Curve 2

Dontneedausername Sat 01-Oct-16 22:29:24

www.gosmokefree.co.uk/eleaf-istick-20w-2200-mah-free-delivery/

www.gosmokefree.co.uk/aspire-mini-nautilus-bvc-tank-free-delivery/

www.gosmokefree.co.uk/5-pack-aspire-nautilus-bvc-atomizer-coil-heads/

Don't know if it's the cheapest place, but yo should get something like the above smile

For liquids, onepoundeliquid, triphammer (50% off orders over £50 code EUOUT50), the alchemists cupboard - I love their coconut, caramel and hazelnut honey!

Reckoning Sat 01-Oct-16 22:47:28

Thank you so much grin I'm off shopping!
Thanks to all smile

rosebud32 Sun 02-Oct-16 09:15:39

I buy direct from aspire, I always struggle to find there site as there is so many copy cats out there.

I used the £1 flavours and found the flavour dissapeared from my tank after a day and I could no longer taste.
I've been buying mine from a site called ciggy juice as the do trial sizes so you can try loads see what you like then buy in bulk. I like them as I pay extra for a extra shot of juice so the flavor is amazing.

PolterGoose Sun 02-Oct-16 15:31:16

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Aspire BVC tank you are using and if you like it and it works you really don't need to spend more! The coils are cheap on Amazon and it's a good little tank. The Aspire K1 takes the same coils and is a bit nicer looking.

IME coils last a lot longer with cheap juices which tend to be thinner (more PG) than the thicker (higher VG) more fancy juices.

I don't know if your battery is variable voltage but you might want to look at variable batteries when you upgrade, Vision Spinners and the Aspire batteries are good if you like a tube style battery.

Reckoning Mon 03-Oct-16 09:48:24

Thanks polter, I think I'm going to stick with my tank as I like it and it's doing what I need it to do (keep me from smoking!). I'm worried if I change I'll slip up! I think the thing to upgrade on would be the battery,as I have two the same and they don't last very long in between charges! I do like the style I have ,rather than something heavier/boxy so I'll take a look at those.
Thanks for the link to the coils-they're cheaper than the £10 for 5 I've been paying!
Going to stick with my £1 eliquid because I really like it! I'm not interested in vaping for fun particularly, I just use it (continuously!) in the evenings to keep the temptation away. 100% i'd still be smoking if I hadn't randomly decided to buy a ecig!

Reckoning Tue 04-Oct-16 18:21:30

THanks for everyone's help!tomorrow an aspire k1 tank and a new battery 2200 vs the 900 I have now will be arriving! I thought long and hard about upgrading to an eleaf istick but decided against for the time being as it's around £30 and I'm not sure how I'll like a square battery! I may regret this but thought would try the (much) cheaper alternative first since I'm enjoying my set up overall at the mo, apart from the shocking battery life!

SuzanneF Thu 23-Feb-17 12:02:05

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now