Traveling to turkey tomorrow just seen its illegal??

(5 Posts)
stripeyzebra32 Fri 02-Sep-16 15:59:42

Has anyone been to turkey recently and vaped?

Not been smoking now for 7 weeks and just read it's forbidden and I go tomorrow.

FeralBeryl Sun 04-Sep-16 12:22:43

We went last month and there was plenty going on smile
Admittedly we were on a big complex mainly but we went down into town and no one said anything...
One of the store owners even offered to get a replacement clearomizer when ours broke - he did this openly so it must be around still.

magimedi Sun 04-Sep-16 12:32:52

I've been vaping in Turkey for the past 4 years - haven't been this year but I've never had a problem.

I have a snuffle round & whilst the sale of ecigs seems to be illegal now in Turkey the use of them does not.

Be discreet when out & about & you'll be fine. Don't walk along the road blowing great clouds

Just seen that you must be there by now (lucky you!). Do let us know when you get back.

stripeyzebra32 Mon 05-Sep-16 07:15:15

It's all ok, police / guards were outside airport when we arrived and we had to wait in a huge line to check in for the coach but was surrounded by smokers so I blended in alright.
I don't make massive clouds so not a issue.

Openly doing it in the hotel, huge complex and not that many people here. couple of strange looks from a few people as its mainly German and Russians and lots of them smoke. Only seen 1 other person out here vaping.

magimedi Mon 05-Sep-16 07:17:27

Good to hear.

Well done on 7 weeks off the stinkys & have a lovely holiday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now