Talk

Advanced search

How often do you replace your e-fag?

(17 Posts)
SaucyJack Sat 20-Aug-16 19:27:17

Yet another one is dying on me.

I'm sure smoking was cheaper, and it was certainly less hassle to just pop to the sweetshop and buy a pouch of tobacco.

How many e-fags do you all get through? Even if you just re buy the same model each time?

PolterGoose Sat 20-Aug-16 19:34:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SaucyJack Sat 20-Aug-16 19:45:32

The one that's just died is a Coolfire IV that doesn't seem to be charging.

I still have an iStick knocking about that charges, but doesn't recognise any tanks.

At it always has to happen when the fucking shops are shut, doesn't it (!)

unlucky83 Sat 20-Aug-16 19:49:26

What juice do you use? I use coffee and it was a pale colour and my coils lasted ages. Then they started adding dark colouring to it -so it looked like coffee - it killed my coils - I was going through one a week - I started cleaning them, burning them off etc but still so fast that I started making new coils...
It did me a favour really cos when it had gone I switched to making my own - with no colour (so just Nicotine VG, PG and a few drops of pale coloured flavouring) - clearomisers are coming up for 2 years old now...no faff needed.
Thats using EGO CE5s?
Battery wise - depends how you use it. I use a USB passthrough - just plugs into a USB socket (not the ones with a battery too) - cost about £7 from ebay. I have been through a few of those cos the wires come loose but the latest one I've had a few good months. I put duck tape around the end - so you are less likely to pull at/damage the wires by accident -hopefully it will make it last longer.
Out and about I use a battery - but they have lasted over a year. ..

PolterGoose Sat 20-Aug-16 19:53:51

SaucyJack Sat 20-Aug-16 20:40:29

I've only had it about three months. I bought it a few days after this (thanks for your help there too PG), and I'd only had the Nautilus/iStick since about Feb. I know I'm not the most careful of sorts, but I'd expect them to last a bit longer than this.

I don't let it run down, no. Should
I have?

Thanks for your advice too Unlucky, but it's the charging port on the battery I'm having trouble with, and I don't think that'd be affected by the liquid- sound advice as it was for anyone having trouble with their coil.

PolterGoose Sat 20-Aug-16 20:47:23

SaucyJack Sat 20-Aug-16 21:19:28

Yes, it's connecting. But it kind of starts normally, and then flashes off again. There's no oomph in the charge. It's a bit like watching my grandad trying to get up out of his chair ;-)

I've left it plugged in for now anyway. Maybe it can charge enough over time to power itself.

PolterGoose Sun 21-Aug-16 08:27:19

exLtEveDallas Sun 21-Aug-16 08:46:54

DH and I have Ego II batteries (2200 mah) and buy GS-H2 Clearomisers from Amazon.

We have 2 batteries each and I'd say they lasted about 8-10 months. Each battery lasts a good 24 hours before I charge again. I used to charge overnight but stopped when one shorted out.

Clearo's last me a 1-2 months but I only use clear menthol juice. They last DH 2-3 weeks as he uses Apple flavour.

Batteries are around £7 each from Amazon (Cobi or wolfteeth)
Clearo's are around £12 for 10 from greensound (although they haven't had any in stock for a couple of months)
Liquids are £1 for 10ml from onepoundliquid.com

magimedi Sun 21-Aug-16 08:58:54

I'm still with the eleaf Istick. I have 2 so one is charging & one is in use. I knackered one by dropping it from quite a height onto a concrete floor & my oldest one (18 months) eventually the thread wore down so I could no longer get the tank to stay in.

Guess I reckon on about a year for a battery & it's still a lot cheaper than stinkys - never mind all the other benefits.

Am I right in thinking you are in/near Brighton? Several vape shops open on Sundays from 11am onwards.

unlucky83 Sun 21-Aug-16 10:11:29

Cheaper definitely - I have kept a record over the last 3 years of what I spend on cigarettes and vaping compared to what I would have spent on cigarettes only saying I smoked 15 a day - which was about average sometimes more and sometimes less.
I still now smoke on average 1 stinky a day - it is a psychological thing. But that has gradually gone done from when I started vaping from 10 ...6...over the 3 years the average now is 5. That includes holiday etc -I am only just getting organised enough to vape on holiday -also when the juice was killing my coils at times I went back to cigarettes some days .... and I have adjusted the price of the cigarettes over that time - including 600 duty free.
Taking all that into account over the 3 years I have spent £4,000 less than I would -and almost £2,000 of that was last year...and smoked 10,000+ fewer stinkies.
I am seeing basic ego kits everywhere now - in garages, local shops - even our chemist. I think I would buy one to have at home just in case 'better' ones let you down...

SaucyJack Sun 21-Aug-16 20:20:30

Yes, near Brighton Magi.

Ignore me tho anyway. It had a good charge overnight and (touch wood) it seems to be working as normal.

I might still buy a spare when I can tho. Would be good to have a back-up on the go.

magimedi Sun 21-Aug-16 22:26:35

I'd be so fucking twitchy if I didn't have a spare! grin

SaucyJack Mon 22-Aug-16 01:44:00

I do twitch when it starts to go wrong Magi.....

Are you still using the set-up you had at the Brighton meet?

magimedi Mon 22-Aug-16 07:11:05

Yes - the mini nautilus & the eleaf I stick.

I use the mini nautilus that has a sort of filigree round the glass as it gives more protection if I knock it over.

I've got 2 tanks & two batteries (and some very old stick like kanga batteries & tanks that I keep for mega emergencies!!)

muggins14 Wed 31-Aug-16 13:36:16

I used itaste MVP2's for a long time, have had one that's been working for 3 years now - I just use it to measure the ohms of my re-built coils now though.

If you're finding the mod isn't working after just 3 months I'd go back to your supplier, isn't it still under guarantee?

I use a mod with 18650 replaceable batteries, that way the mod will live forever (this thing's built like a tank, a beauty). The batteries I get from Amazon are 3500mah (genuine Efest), last for 36 hours mid-level vaping. Obviously initial outlay seems a lot, but these batteries (only need 2 and a charger) last a long time. When the actual mod is the battery you have to replace the whole item, I realise how ridiculous that was now that I'm on this kit.

I also re-build my coils and re-wick using organic cotton, all so much cheaper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now