Advice needed - confused wannabe vaper (I think)

(8 Posts)
meemee Mon 04-Jul-16 12:45:01

I HAVE to stop smoking - I HATE being a 46 year old smoker! I've tried nearly everything - Allan Carr (4 times), hypnosis, NRT, therapy, acupuncture, Chinese Herbal medicine etc. So that leaves vaping. But it is confusing the hell out of me! What on earth do you buy? Apparently there are vape shops but my local one (Kingston upon Thames) seems to be in a corner shop where they also crack phones which doesn't inspire much faith. All the juices seem to be named as if they're homespun and cooked up by skateboarding teen goths and have rubbish graphics to match - doesn't inspire much faith either. What do I do? What do I buy? I've heard vegetable based juices are better than whatever the other ones are. How do I know that the juices are also providing my 5 a day (joking). Please can someone help me out of this confusion?

JustBoppinAlong Mon 04-Jul-16 12:48:51

I use an ecig bought from my local petrol station. Overpriced and basic BUT after buying a proper tank type ecig from a proper shop I realised I was out of my depth.
I don't hammer it constantly so the coils would not last and would leak liquid everywhere.

So now I use a basic ecig that holds basic liquid. I go for flavours I like the smell of such as blueberry or cola etc.

Also the basic ecig doesn't leak even if I leave it switched on in my pocket, or lay in the glove compartment of my car.

Not sure if I've even been helpful there, sorry.

hollinhurst84 Mon 04-Jul-16 16:22:36

I smoked 30 a day for 20 years
I use an eleaf istick 40w - this is the battery bit. The tank bit (that the liquid goes in) I use is an aspire mini nautilus
My liquids I buy from vape club, digbys juices and Mrs Lord & co
The liquid has VG and PG. VG gives the clouds, PG gives throat hit
So 50/50 is a usual start. If it hurts your throat go to a higher VG

hollinhurst84 Mon 04-Jul-16 16:24:13

P.s I was also confused grinso ask away here and we shall help!

PoptartPoptart Sun 10-Jul-16 00:07:24

Try the Vape Emporium in Richmond. Fantastic helpful staff explained everything to me and even let me try some of the different models and flavours. They showed me how to set it up, change the coil, fill the tank etc. I'd highly recommend a visit there.

Hawkmoth Sun 10-Jul-16 00:10:24

It is very complicated but we just use batteries and clearomisera off eBay and onepoundeliquid.com

It works for us.

BeenThereTooSEL Sun 10-Jul-16 00:10:46

I've got an eleaf 30w, use an aspire tank & the only juice I like is relentless manage et tois

BeenThereTooSEL Sun 10-Jul-16 00:11:54

And the strength of nicotine in the juice is important! I was 20 a day for 10 years and 3mg is strong enough for me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now