Talk

Advanced search

Help, my e cig is giving me a sore throat!

(8 Posts)
Destinysdaughter Mon 18-Apr-16 11:19:27

I've been using it for over a year and not smoked fags for 5 months which was great but recently it's been making my throat really sore, making it painful to swallow. I haven't changed anything but it's happened twice in the last month. It's annoying and a bit scary. Anyone had anything similar or know what I can do about it please?

Destinysdaughter Mon 18-Apr-16 18:42:13

Anyone?

runningbug123 Tue 19-Apr-16 07:38:50

I get a simular thing happening to me in the morning when I start vaping and I'm interested to know the answer too. I vape rather than a ecig so I turn my power down and take smaller drags.

I'm wondering could it be the nicotine level? Would it be a good time to drop yourself down to the next level of nicotine? I'm considering that myself.

Hopefully someone who knows a lot more than me will be along soon as I'm only 4 months in.

Gohackyourself Tue 19-Apr-16 16:34:21

Hi ya,

Could be the liquid is high pg.
Happened to me, now I can only vape high vg liquids.
Diamond mist and such like give me a very sore red mouth and sore throat:-(
Polter goose or magimedi will be along shortly and they are your best advisers:-)

Destinysdaughter Tue 19-Apr-16 17:10:21

I actually changed my liquid to a much lower nicotine one and it's much better ( more expensive but it's worth it ) . It's Creme Anglais and is 6mg, instead of the 18 and PG one I was using. Am mixing the two and that's fine.

Gohackyourself Tue 19-Apr-16 19:35:58

Glad you have found it helpful-
I would imagine it's not the Nic but the pg.
See how you go

PolterGoose Wed 20-Apr-16 20:20:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Destinysdaughter Wed 20-Apr-16 23:08:58

Thanks for all your replies. Was a bit of a shock actually as I've been using the same PG 12-18mg liquids for over a year with no probs at all. It's only recently I've had a bad reaction. However, since my sore throat went immediately at least I know what it is!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now