Talk

Advanced search

Nicorette Quick Mist

(12 Posts)
ElderlyKoreanLady Thu 17-Mar-16 21:03:40

Does it make anyone else feel sick? And if so, does that stop eventually?

I'm on day 1. Patches + quick mist. Have tried vaping but I always go back to cigarettes when I'm relying on it. But this mist stuff really makes me feel poorly.

landoflostcontent Thu 17-Mar-16 21:10:50

Hi, have just asked my best beloved who is now 6 weeks and one day without a cigarette. He says it gives a really quick shot of nicotine and made him feel lightheaded (and occasionally awful hiccups grin ) However not so much now and is using patches and lozenges as well. He is going to an anti-smoking clinic at our local surgery.He has been a smoker for over 50 years!! I hope you feel better soon, if you can get to a clinic they can find what suits you best - I never thought he would stop. Good luck and think of the money you'll save

ElderlyKoreanLady Thu 17-Mar-16 21:40:08

I'm using my local clinic for it smile they did say that some people get hiccups! Very odd side effect indeed.

They've gone through all the options with me and are happy for me to change products if this doesn't suit me. I'd really rather stick with it though...the almost instant hit is a very big plus for me. I'm far more likely to grab a cigarette than use lozenges and gum.

I've only had to use it 3 times today but have felt very close to being sick each time sad

ElderlyKoreanLady Thu 17-Mar-16 21:42:17

Day 1...£8.30 saved so far grin in 3 weeks I'll be able to afford a little TV/DVD player for DD's bedroom.

landoflostcontent Fri 18-Mar-16 07:57:35

I do think the no smoking clinic has helped my husband - he tried giving up by himself about 20 years ago when there weren't so many products to help and I was never so thankful as when he started again grin

He is using the spray much more than you but next month they are hoping to reduce the patches. And then I suppose gradually reduce the amount of lozenges and spray. It is also the habit that needs breaking, he still automatically thinks about having a cigarette at times when he would have had one. First thing in the morning for instance.

Good luck, and I hope DD will be pleased with the TV/DVD player smile

ElderlyKoreanLady Fri 18-Mar-16 17:34:44

I've used it a few times today and not felt sick! I've held it further from my mouth some of it sprays on my face but if it stops me being sick, I'm happy and make sure I don't swallow for a good 30 seconds.

£16.60 so far grin

I'm still really wanting certain cigarettes. After meals being the main ones. And when DM visits. I was never one to smoke when I first got up so I'm lucky there...gives me time to get a patch on before the first craving would normally hit.

landoflostcontent Fri 18-Mar-16 19:29:55

Keep going and your DD will have her television in no time! We have a long car journey on Sunday which will be another "challenge" for my husband. Luckily our son and wife gave up some years ago so no pressure from them

PlentyOfPubeGardens Fri 18-Mar-16 20:08:55

Well done ElderlyKoreanLady you're doing brilliantly flowers

Feeling sick is a really common side effect of too much nicotine, just like when you're on a night out and end up chain smoking a bit and suddenly feel bleugh and have to put it down. Sounds like you've sorted it by holding the spray a bit further away. If you carry on having difficulties do ask to try something different. Gum and inhalator are also very fast acting. From what you've said, you need something as fast acting as quickmist but a bit lower strength.

Stop smoking services have a decent success rate so you've made a good choice there. They're also (supposed to be) ecig friendly these days so patches + vape is another possibility if you haven't tried them together yet.

When I stopped smoking I was really jealous of people quitting tailor-mades. The not-spent money doesn't stack up half as fast if you were on rolling tobacco bought from a binbag down the market. You'll get that TV/DVD in no time!

Kummerspeck Fri 18-Mar-16 20:50:01

Have you been advised to spray it into your mouth on an angle so it goes into your cheek rather than straight in? If it goes too far back it will make you feel sick so try doing it a bit sideways

ElderlyKoreanLady Fri 18-Mar-16 21:25:54

They were very vape friendly Pube, I was pleasantly surprised! I have my ecig too for if I really need to be puffing on something but haven't needed it yet. I love my ecig but found it too easy to go back to cigs while I was relying on it. The habit is just as big a problem for me as the addiction.

I did try that Kummer but spraying into my cheek meant I got the full dose and I still felt sick after. Spraying half of it onto my face rather than into my mouth seems to be working for me grin

PolterGoose Sat 19-Mar-16 19:26:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Thurlow Thu 24-Mar-16 16:57:31

My Stop Smoking counsellor said she's heard some people spray it on the back of their hands and then lick it off grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now