Talk

Advanced search

Need advise for which e-cig to buy

(28 Posts)
Ellieboolou27 Thu 28-Jan-16 21:57:35

Hi all
I am a 20 a day smoker and desperate to quit, I'm on maternity leave so funds are limited. Can anyone suggest a good e-cig? I need easy to use / fill up etc. I don't want flavours or anything fancy, any suggestions for a heavy and long term smoker???

Dontneedausername Fri 29-Jan-16 08:08:59

What's your budget? We can easy recommend a cheap set up, but you'll probably out grow it pretty quickly!

Ellieboolou27 Fri 29-Jan-16 08:23:20

Hi
At the moment I don't really want to spend more than £40-50 max as I'm new to vaping so would like to try it out first, is that a realistic amount?

PolterGoose Fri 29-Jan-16 11:15:08

This new Innokin Endura kit looks really good and simple! You can use it while it charges so can get by with one battery while you get the hang of it.

I would suggest you try both 18mg and 12mg nicotine strength liquids. It's impossible to replicate the flavour of smoking, and tbh once you've stopped for a few days you are unlikely to want to! So do try any flavours that take your fancy.

onepoundeliquid.com is a good place to start.

KylieTheQuestion Fri 29-Jan-16 11:20:52

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

BeezerBubble Fri 29-Jan-16 11:23:05

Sure there will be a difference of opinion but the Innokin Endura T18 from Myepack has been designed specifically for smokers. Easy top fill, clear instructions on the box, regulated 14watts so experience same at start to finish of battery charge, just fill, wait 5 mins and push the button. £24.99 + p&p
Most eliquids are flavoured, no idea what unflavoured tastes like, not cigarettes though that's for sure but onepoundeliquid do an unflavoured juice and they're all £1 for 10ml , cheap but fine for a beginner. Would start at 18mg strength at first and see how you go.

PolterGoose Fri 29-Jan-16 11:24:29

You're coming across like a bit of a dick Kylie hmm

Beezer interesting cross post grin

BeezerBubble Fri 29-Jan-16 11:26:01

Beat me to it Polter 👍

KylieTheQuestion Fri 29-Jan-16 11:26:08

KylieTheQuestion Fri 29-Jan-16 11:26:29

PolterGoose Fri 29-Jan-16 11:28:23

She's come here asking for support, not a beating. You have no idea what's going on in the OP's life, she's asking for help, and encouragement tends to be a much better motivator than criticism and shaming IME.

Cleensheetsandbedding Fri 29-Jan-16 11:29:38

I was on one for two years and loved it BUT health insurance is being looked at and raised if you smoke them as 'pop corn lung' is becoming an issue.

I started smoking real fags again at Xmas and really fucking enjoying it (sad I know) BUT start IVF treatment end of this week so going cold turkey like I did with dd. It's tough but I'd just try and give up completly.

Have you been to midwife for advice on other products ?

Cleensheetsandbedding Fri 29-Jan-16 11:30:51

Oh didn't see you were on maternity leave so that means your quite far on?

Still not too late to quit!

Good luck

KylieTheQuestion Fri 29-Jan-16 11:30:57

PolterGoose Fri 29-Jan-16 11:33:21

It's not a 'free country' and now you just sound silly. Mumsnet is supposed to make parents lives easier, not be an excuse to have a dig.

KylieTheQuestion Fri 29-Jan-16 11:37:00

BeezerBubble Fri 29-Jan-16 11:38:27

Cleansheetsandbedding Popcorn lung has never been an issue with electronic cigarettes. The chemical it's linked to is found at far higher levels in tobacco cigarettes and not one person who didn't work in a popcorn factory has ever been diagnosed with it. Add this the BS standard for eliquid specifically addresses the need for screening for any problematic chemicals including those linked with popcorn lung and will be further reinforced by the TPD article 20 in May.

Ginmakesitallok Fri 29-Jan-16 11:40:28

Popcorn lung is not becoming an issue. Cigarettes have much more of the chemicals which cause popcorn lung, and it doesn't seem to be an issue for smokers? There are no reported cases of popcorn lung caused by vaping.

Ginmakesitallok Fri 29-Jan-16 11:41:25

But op does want to change Kylie?

KylieTheQuestion Fri 29-Jan-16 11:45:01

Cleensheetsandbedding Fri 29-Jan-16 11:46:46

here

and I'm just going off the fact that now Bupa have reviewed their insurance and factored this in. I loved my e - cig I stopped smoking real fags for two years but I don't think they are completly risk free. I wouldn't smoke one while pregnant but then again I won't smoke real fags if/when I'm pregnant.

Cleensheetsandbedding Fri 29-Jan-16 11:48:33

Plus my nephew (17) has the biggest vapour cig I ever did see. It's humongous. He has never smoked a real fag in his life. I think they are now becoming a trend to younger folk when it's supposed to be an aid to quit the addiction of nicotine/smoking.

LastTripToTulsa Fri 29-Jan-16 11:51:30

Mine was cheap called aspire go for a 10 pound filter they last longer. Tobacco flavour liquid is the best to start with it isn't authentic but most similar . After a while you will get used to the taste and prefer it To real cigarette as it feels cleaner with No cigarette smell . Good luck you can do this x

BeezerBubble Fri 29-Jan-16 11:59:53

Cleansheetsandbedding Luckily public health relies on science not articles in the Telegraph by a journalist who never knowingly writes balanced articles on ecigs. To date two of her previous articles on ecigs have had to be retracted. Here's actual science on popcorn lung DrFarsalinos by a world expert on the subject.

Ellieboolou27 Fri 29-Jan-16 12:07:03

Thanks for the advise! I will check those links out, I've no idea what Kylie said as her post have been deleted (result)! I have spoken to mw but she suggested patches and I'm allergic to them, I have seen some huge vape sticks and some look like they are fr trigger happy tv!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now