Advice Please - Vaping

(21 Posts)
LouieLou2013 Tue 12-Jan-16 17:58:13

I've been Vaping for 10 days solid now after doing it off and on for a couple of months. Finally ditched the fags!

At the moment I've got an I clear 16 tank and a couple of batteries. I'm looking to upgrade to a better set up now I'm committed. Budget is about £50.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Dontneedausername Tue 12-Jan-16 21:06:36

eleaf istick battery and mini nautilus tank smile

The tank can be used with your current batteries probably, but you'll get better battery life from the bigger istick smile

LouieLou2013 Tue 12-Jan-16 22:14:18

Thank you. Will I be able to get these in the vape shop? As I'll need them to explain how to use it!

Dontneedausername Tue 12-Jan-16 23:00:58

You should be, or I'll post some links in the morning where to get online smile
If you can't get the exact battery, there are loads similar. But really try and get that tank and don't let the shop talk you into a sub ohm tank smile

magimedi Wed 13-Jan-16 14:28:36

Also going with the eleaf & aspire. I've been vaping for over 3 years & have had my eleaf & aspire for a year & never use anything else.

This is a handy link if you get this set up:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/stop_smoking/2366393-Aspire-Nautilus-tips-for-getting-the-best-from-it

TheHouseOnTheLane Sat 16-Jan-16 02:58:09

I've been aping for 24 hours now and feeling marvelous! This is the longest I've ever been without ciggies in 20 years. I was very addicted...an emotional smoker....I was on 20 a day but it was nervous...I never finished a ciggie...sometimes I'd light one, take one drag and put it out!

So wasteful.

I'd tried an ecig before but it was cheap and nasty....I've invested in a proper kit now and the difference is amzing!

TheHouseOnTheLane Sat 16-Jan-16 03:02:56

Vaping obv. Not Aping!

I feel a bit....sweaty. Is that normal?

Allergictoironing Sat 16-Jan-16 07:37:06

Remember that the e-cig only replaces the nicotine in the ciggie, and not the 4000 odd other chemicals produced in cigarette smoke. It will take a while for your body to get used to not having these (mostly poisons) on a regular basis.

You'll probably find a few other short term changes like hair & skin feels a bit greasier for a while, you'll probably cough up gunk for a bit as your body rids itself of the build-up in your lungs, and you may (possibly TMI) find you have a bit of short term constipation. Don't worry, these soon pass & many don't get any or some of these symptoms.

LouieLou2013 Sat 16-Jan-16 08:17:06

I've got spots! And my sleep has gone to pot but I'm assuming this is all just temporary. Two weeks in I'm still committed and zero fags (from 20 a day)

TheHouseOnTheLane Sat 16-Jan-16 08:57:19

Allergic I think I underestimated the affect the lack of chemicals would have on me....I thuoght that having some nicotine would mean that I just missed the act of smoking a cigarette...I do feel a bit wired too for some reason.

Louie I bloody had spots anyway grin maybe mine will all disappear!? Well done on the 2 weeks! What positives have you noted? Physically and mentally?

LouieLou2013 Sat 16-Jan-16 09:18:48

I have greasy hair anyway!

Physically I've definitely been able to do more, me and my 2 year old walked up a huge tower yesterday, which I wouldn't have been able todo without stopping to catch my breath previously.

I've got more time and money to spend on/with my DS. It's funny you don't realise that having a 20 a day habit robs you of time.

We are saving for center parcs this year (I know, I know) our first family holiday!

I've also not had a drink since Xmas Eve, although not a big drinker I know going to the pub would be a struggle so I've not done it.

LouieLou2013 Sat 16-Jan-16 09:20:28

I also completely get the wired feeling. I think I'm having more nicotine than I would if I was smoking as I cape more frequently. I might have to go down to 12mg from 18 soon

TheHouseOnTheLane Sat 16-Jan-16 09:58:56

I'm on 18 as I'e just started....is that what the wired thing is? Unfortunately my kids and DH say the smell is just as apparent as smoking and it's not a nice smell....but it's cheaper than ciggies!

I HAVE to stop as I basically feel like I'm robbing my family of all kinds of things due to the cost of smoking!

Here in Oz a pack can be almost 30 dollars! That's about 15 quid!

LouieLou2013 Sat 16-Jan-16 13:05:24

Bloody hell, that's so expensive!

I'm doing menthol and tobacco mix, no complains about the smell, DP has gone cold turkey and he's not mentioned it.

TheHouseOnTheLane Sat 16-Jan-16 14:33:43

I can't actually believe I've come to the end of my first full cigarette free day! I have never managed it before..or even tried properly because the symptoms would be so extreme even after a few hours.

I began on Friday at around 4.30pm and now it's 1.00am on Sunday morning in Oz...that's more than a full day!

I am so relieved that I've decided to comitt to this!

LouieLou2013 Sat 16-Jan-16 14:44:40

Well done! That's great, especially if you've not managed it before

Allergictoironing Sat 16-Jan-16 16:37:16

I'm a bit surprised that your DH & children say they can a) smell it as much as fags & b) it's just as unpleasant, as my Dsis is a virulent anti-smoker & happily lets me vape in her house with no smell issues. It may be the liquid you're using, plus some tobacco flavours can make people think of fag smells.

Try a different brand, & maybe some different flavours? I originally thought I would be a tobacco flavour vaper forever, but I'm now entirely on fruit or dessert flavours.

You also need to consider that any cigarette smoke type smell will automatically be blamed on your e-cig, so if there's still a smell of smoke hanging around in the house e.g. curtains or other soft furnishings, any whiff from them will automatically be put down to the vaping. I really noticed the difference when I washed all my curtains & cushion covers about a month after my last ciggie!

TheHouseOnTheLane Sun 17-Jan-16 03:39:46

Allergic actually I've spoken to them again and no...it's not worse than fags just different.

I like the brand I've got and it's working so I'm not changing.

I've never smoked in the house....I think it's just that MY smell has changed (naturally) because I'm not smoking...and the ape stuff does have a slight smell to it....

Dontneedausername Sun 17-Jan-16 16:47:31

I'm so confused about them saying about them smell, unless you are standing blowing it in their faces....
I vape in my non smoking friends kitchen. She has never mentioned it, I've asked her plenty of times if she minds and she says no. We both vape in our kitchen during the day and living room in the evening and I've asked my non smoker mum if the house smells and it was a resounding no...

If I were you, I'd vape in the toilet and see if they even notice!

TheHouseOnTheLane Mon 18-Jan-16 06:39:50

It's me that smells different...stopping cigs will of course alter my general scent.

They're confused by it....[gin]

Like a pack of dogs.

PolterGoose Mon 18-Jan-16 13:53:38

I can smell dp's other people's vapour and some is vile, mine smells lovely of course wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now